Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My kindle is stuck

My Kindle seems to be stuck. I have a kindle non touch 2012 black model. It doesn't respond to anything and is stuck at the last page that I was reading. It had a third of battery-life left. At least that was what my kindle said a couple of minutes before it died. And all I did in those minutes was read with wifi turned off. I figured I have to remove the back to find the reset-hole, but I can't seem to be able to do that without breaking my kindle in half. The back won't come off. I just want to read please help

Ps. I did a forum-search, but all that came up were very specific problems, like stuck at rebooting or indexing etc.

Last edited by Joy736; 01-15-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Adding ps
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Have you tried charging it or hooking it to a computer?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Reset hole"????

Just hold in the power slider for 20-odd seconds until it reboots. If it doesn't, plug in the wall charger and leave it connected for at least 4 hours.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Have you tried charging it or hooking it to a computer?
Thank you, it's charging already, without much succes so far.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Reset hole"????

Just hold in the power slider for 20-odd seconds until it reboots. If it doesn't, plug in the wall charger and leave it connected for at least 4 hours.
Sorry Harry, guess I'm used to the Sony's

It worked Harry, thank you so much. I didn't know how to reboot a Kindle. Guess I have MR to thank for another thing I learned. I love this site and all you helpful people

Last edited by Joy736; 01-15-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did that fix it?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Did that fix it?
Yes Harry, thanks! I edited my last post.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Good . Might be worthwhile to at least glance through the User Guide. It's full of useful information.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #9
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Good . Might be worthwhile to at least glance through the User Guide. It's full of useful information.
It's in the userguide?!? I feel so stupid now. At least in my defence: you can't access the userguide on a stuck Kindle
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
It's in the userguide?!? I feel so stupid now. At least in my defence: you can't access the userguide on a stuck Kindle
You can also access the user and troubleshooting guides through Amazon's Kindle Support pages.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You can also access the user and troubleshooting guides through Amazon's Kindle Support pages.
Thanks for the tip
Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kindles freeze now and then. It's good to know how to do a hard reset. My K4s are known to freeze when they haven't been restarted in awhile. I figure they've run out of RAM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 AM   #13
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Kindles freeze now and then. It's good to know how to do a hard reset. My K4s are known to freeze when they haven't been restarted in awhile. I figure they've run out of RAM.
Thanks Blossom, I didn't see your response untill now. I don't mind the occasional freezing, as long as it's easily resolved, just like this first freeze of mine. Now that I know that it's just a matter of rebooting, it doesn't spoil my fun. I'm loving my kindle more each day.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #14
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Thanks Blossom, I didn't see your response untill now. I don't mind the occasional freezing, as long as it's easily resolved, just like this first freeze of mine. Now that I know that it's just a matter of rebooting, it doesn't spoil my fun. I'm loving my kindle more each day.
In the old days my Sony reader I had lots of freezes and you had to use a pin or something to stick in a hole. I hated that. It froze often too. I have only had 2 freezes on the KPW, none on the KFHD, or the KDX. That is what surprised me having any freezes on my beloved Kindle PW.
new is offline   Reply With Quote