Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
esperanc
esperanc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Converting book with pictures

Hi, I wonder if any of you have had any success in creating a lrf book with pictures. From what I learned from the posts in this forum, all tools (html2lrf, bookdesigner, bbebook, bbebinder, etc) just strip all pictures.

Is pdf the only option?
esperanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the librie toolbar
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
esperanc

Great Idea

I had not tried that. Unfortunately, it does not seem to keep the pictures either.

(sigh)
Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
airlik
Connoisseur
airlik began at the beginning.

I think BBeB Binder has that on their development list... which would be pretty cool, since those web pages that refer to pics would make a lot more sense then. Wonder which will come first - BBeB Binder importing RTF with picture support, or Sony supporting pictures in RTF files...
airlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
HTML2LRF supports pictures.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
BBeB Binder does now support images withn html (so you can convert rtf with images to html and then load them into BBeB Binder. You'll currently have to build it yourself but we're hoping to get the next release out shortly (with TOC support).
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
esperanc

Thanks for all replies. I have been trying all the tools suggested above and I´ve found a few things:

The Librie toolbar does indeed convert pictures, but subject to some restrictions. Some work and some don´t, but I don´t know exactly which will and which won´t. Also, depending on the input html, I.E. simply aborts. Missing pictures, large files and badly formatted html seem to be some of the reasons.

html2lrf works mostly like the Librie toolbar, but I really don´t like the cover page generated.

I would also like to have more control about the generated lrf: margins, line spacing, paragraph spacing, first line indentation, etc.

An interesting thing I discovered is that it is possible to force a page break by tagging a paragraph or a header with the style "margin-top:5%; page-break-before: always".

I have also tried BbeBinder (version 0.1.5) but apparently it was unable to convert pictures.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperanc
An interesting thing I discovered is that it is possible to force a page break by tagging a paragraph or a header with the style "margin-top:5%; page-break-before: always".
Not directly related, but note that if you're using RTF files (in which Reader doesn't support pictures at present, unfortunately), Reader will respect a "hard" page break (Ctrl+Enter in Word) and start a new page.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote