Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

PC based software library corrupt

Any clue as to where it resides so I can blow it away?
Anytime I do anything other than list the titles the software locks up tighter than a drum. I really wish Sony would learn to have their people and their subcontractors spend time doing QA..... If I released something this buggy I would be out of a job and on the street....
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The user's book database (if that's what you mean) is located in "%userprofile%\Local settings\Application Data\Sony Corporation\CONNECT Reader".
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
exvaxman
Connoisseur

thanks - but not on my system

only item in all of the profiles that has a Sony corp entry is Sonicstage stuff from the minidisc install. Did a global search and did not see anything close. Interesting.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:32 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Some directories in that path are hidden, so you don't usually see them. Try to paste the whole string into the Explorer's address bar:
%userprofile%\Local settings\Application Data\Sony Corporation\CONNECT Reader
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
exvaxman
Connoisseur

search was done on hidden as well

in any case, ended up removing the whole thing and re-installing on a different computer. No issures so far, but the software as it stands is still a POS.

I hope that the reader takes off so that we get decent 3rd party tools.
Advert