Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
DavidV
DavidV has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DavidV has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DavidV has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
EpubIt

Hi there,

Even though I have been following these forums for a long time, I have only recently joined and this is my first post on MobileRead.

I have written a program called ePubIt which features a WSIWYG editor for creating ePub books, mainly by cutting and pasting from text, browsers and word processors. This requires no knowledge of HTML. It also has an easy (I hope!) way to create Epub books from RSS feeds. Tables of Contents are created automatically. Functions to add, rename and move chapters are provided. It can edit existing unprotected ePub ebooks.

Currently, it cannot handle images. Formatted lists are rendered in a somewhat unsatisfactory way, although they can be improved by editing.

Being Windows only, the program should execute on any Windows PC which has the .Net 2.0 framework installed. I have been using it for about 9 months and it is reasonably stable. I read books mostly using my Sony PRS-505 (love it!) and Adobe Digital Editions on my PC.

I would welcome some test users! If you are interested, please send me an email at davidvepub@gmail.com. I will send the program, including three sample ePub books created with ePubIt:

Global Warming - Some articles from the Web, stating the case for and against. The Prince by Machiavelli - Created from a Gutenberg text file. Windows Tips - Created from Web articles.

I intend to make this program generally available (always for free with no donations asked) once it has been used for some time by a fair number of people and it is found useful.

Cheers
DavidV
DavidV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds interesting, but I'd like it to at least be able to include a cover. Are you working on an image inclusion capability?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And font embedding would also be a welcome feature as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead, DavidV, and thank you for making your free program (with donations) available to our members here.

Your program sounds interesting; I believe I'll give it a try.

Two things, however, interest me greatly:

1) A Cover image
2) Right justified text.

Most of us here who contribute to the growing MobileRead Library like to include cover images. If that's not yet available, perhaps you could include it in a later revision.

I'm sure you'll get a number of comments here and MobileRead welcomes your contribution.

Thank you,

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
I´d love to give it a try, sent you an email
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm very interested in seeing your program as well, i'm sending you a mail too.

thanks so much for proposing this here, we're always interested in applications like this.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Looks great, congratulations !

I'll offer to test it when someone will port it to Mac OS
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Looks great, congratulations !

I'll offer to test it when someone will port it to Mac OS
This may be possible using Mono.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
DavidV
DavidV has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DavidV has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DavidV has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I have always thought that images will be needed. I cover image should be easy, and I will do that first. Other images in the WSIWYG editor may need more time, but should come. Adding images to RSS feeds should also be easy. I will prabably make that an option because it can slow down download and reading. I'm sure faster (color) readers will come !
Cheers
DavidV
DavidV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, epubit, rss, software, wysiwyg