Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Having ported a hit game from iOS, one developer reveals the good, bad and the ugly

Quote:
Battleheart for Android has become a meaningful source of revenue, and has proven that the platform isn't a waste of time. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that a polished, high quality product is more likely to be embraced on Android than on iOS because...
http://mikamobile.blogspot.com/2011/06/android.html
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Is this the real Rock! What have you done with our resident troll.

I bought this app when I saw it being promoted in Amazon, for my kids thought they would like the cartoonish like characters. Like a good parent I tried the game out before I introduced it to my kids. I ended up getting hooked and was able to overcome the cartoonish character and enjoy the game. The game is really designed well.

Which I do have to agree with a lot of what he said. Probably the only thing I disagree with the author is s/he claims they made their money w/o being features.
But they have been features on both Android markets. And has been mentioned often in different Android sites. But I think that only proves his point, the reason for so much free publicity is because it's one of the top good games that exist on Android.

This post goes to show that money is being left on the table for many developers and a decent game will generate decent money.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I wonder if the Amazon Appstore makes things easier for developers. I certainly hope so.

It's funny, I just bought this app yesterday (err, I bought it for =X='s kids, of course, but I guess I'll have to play it myself since they already have a copy). I only played a few minutes, but the first impression was very good.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
So far I bought 3 online things for my Android: the PowerAmp music player (ironically enough, mainly because the native player comes with such a horrid skippy mp3 codec and this one uses the open-source ffmpeg lib), the Radiant retro shooter game and a Charlie Stross scifi book via Kindle. I'm most likely buying a good photo app too.

Never bought anything for my Linux desktop though. Adobe and game companies are not interested...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
(err, I bought it for =X='s kids, of course, but I guess I'll have to play it myself since they already have a copy).
Thanks man, it's the thought that counts ...

It ends up I can't even get them to play the game all they want to use my nook is for is to play Abduction, Hangman and watch Netflix.

I have bought several apps myself. A few games but mostly productivity apps like Moon+, ezPDF, RepliGo, and Documents to Go.

Amazon's free day app a day has really given me access to some really nice pay apps.

I haven't bought any book in more than a year and a half. Last time I bought a book was with FictionWise crazy specials where they had 60% off where you can use your MicroPay cash and still get the discount. I ended up spending like $160(including Micro rebates) on books and got a somewhere like 71%[*] off on the books. I'm still reading those books probably won't be done until the end of this year.

=X=

[*] no it's not funny math I took into account the MicroPay credits I collected prior to that sale.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #6
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I grab the free app of the day, everyday, for my wife.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I started checking the Amazon free app thing when pvz was announced. I still check in most mornings, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I haven't bought any book in more than a year and a half. Last time I bought a book was with FictionWise crazy specials where they had 60% off where you can use your MicroPay cash and still get the discount. I ended up spending like $160(including Micro rebates) on books and got a somewhere like 71%[*] off on the books. I'm still reading those books probably won't be done until the end of this year.
Those were the good 'ole days. I was an eReader user. Before fictionwise grabbed them, I only bought books on holidays for 50%+ off, sometimes as high as 75%. Afterwards they started doing fictionwise-style credits and it wasn't quite as good, but I still got good deals.

I picked up a couple of ebooks at Amazon's recent Sunshine Deals, mostly in hopes good results would sway agency idiocy someday. But before that, nothing since I finished off my eReader credits post-agency. I had a growing back catalog back then and I'm rereading some favorites waiting for a mythical discounting mechanism to rise from the ashes.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Is this the real Rock! What have you done with our resident troll.
His body has been taken over by little green aliens!
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #9
RockdaMan
Banned

Please drop the word 'troll' from your collective vocabulary.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:26 AM   #10
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I started checking the Amazon free app thing when pvz was announced. I still check in most mornings, just in case.
I follow the App Store twitter feed. They post when a new app goes up each day.

http://twitter.com/#!/amazonappstore