Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Mamaijee
Connoisseur
Mamaijee doesn't litterMamaijee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Regex for removing headers and footers

I use Calibre to convert PDF to RTF - I have sort of got the hang of removing headers and footers with regex. I go in and put in the actual header and footer in the regex (search and replace now). But what happens if I want to do bulk convert? Then how does this work? Is there a "generic" term in regex to remove headers footers in bulk convert?

Thank you

Mona
Mamaijee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Not really. You could have a look at the books and try to fit what you see into a generalized regex, but I doubt that will work very well. Your best bet would be to set each books' conversion options individually.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
If the book are from the same sourxe and have a consistant format you should be fine doing single or bulk. For instance the free PDFs Tor put out a yearish ago all have consistant headers and footers and the same regex would work on all of them.

Im most cases there is enough variation per book that one regex won't work across multiple titles. In this case you will need to do the conversion on a per book basis.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Mamaijee
Connoisseur
Mamaijee doesn't litterMamaijee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thank u for both the replies.
Mona
Mamaijee is offline   Reply With Quote