Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 03:58 AM   #31
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Thanks a million, Arvsinha!!
Great learning experience!!!
From now on, I will try to convert most of my my ebooks into mobipocket format to be able to take full advantage of the great dictionaries and Thesaurus I was able to create...

Take good care,

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #32
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm going to move this to Workshop.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #33
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
A great source for dictionary files and dozens (!!!) of supported languages:

http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/index.php

you can download them directly as stardict files

cheers,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #34
Kravejs
Kravejs has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm LifeDrive, Nokia N95, iPod Touch, iPhone 4, iPad
I have prepared two Esperanto-Russian dictonaries for Mobipocket:
http://code.google.com/p/ervo/
http://code.google.com/p/erv/
Kravejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #35
visitor
visitor began at the beginning.

Device: none
I tried to decompile stardict-koreanDic-2.4.2 from
but unfortunately I always crashed by using stardict-editor
on ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5755 Offset: 0000100b
I am asking here you guys your help to decompile for me this dic to dic.txt.

Thank you..

Solved...cheers

Last edited by visitor; 09-22-2009 at 07:29 PM.
visitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #36
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Unhappy

Hi. I would like to make english 2 serbian .mobi dictionary from StarDict found at http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xdx...-2.4.2.tar.bz2 ,to be used on my Kindle 2 international and have support for quick look up.
But Stardict editor would not start on my Windows 7,error mentions "libglib-2.0.0.dll" file missing. So I was wondering if someone would be kind to convert the above StartDict to that tab delimited txt file (or ideally opf file,so I don't have to download Pyton,because I'm currently abroad and on dial up connection ) and email it to me ( predrag_djokic@yahoo.com )? I would be most grateful to the person willing to do that.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #37
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
No one?
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 AM   #38
sam228
sam228 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I get the same error "libglib-2.0.0.dll" as shamanNS and I have windows Xp. I was wondering if someone could please convert the following German-English dictionaries for use on Kindle and send me by ema*l:
patricksarmad2@gmail.com
1. http://downloads.sourceforge.ne/xdxf...er_eng.tar.bz2
2. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/s...r.bz2?download
3. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/s...r.bz2?download
sam228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #39
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
I created a Spanish-English dictionary based on the StarDict files.

http://www.4shared.com/file/Ux4eAqzc...h-english.html

Thanks a ton for all the help, it worked after I figured following out:

Copy the StarDict-Editor to
C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin
(or similar, where the .dll are).

Before creating the .mobi file with the mibogen.exe, make sure that you change the input language.
miquele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:11 AM   #40
Newby
Enthusiast
Newby began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 Gold
is there any, kind of, database of the accessible look up dictionaries in prc format
Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #41
haylocki
haylocki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Thanks, great post.

I've now managed to create a Tagalog to English dictionary.

Need To proof read it to fix the errors, but hope to have it on Stardict soon

Cheers, Ian
haylocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #42
molomoloch
molomoloch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Nevermind - I'm retarded and using the wrong script...ignore:

I get as far as creating the txt file, and then when I attempt to run the python script in the terminal using the command python lingea-trd-decoder.py ldaf.txt
I get an an "OverflowError"

OverflowError: long int too large to convert int

Does anyone know what is going on!?

Last edited by molomoloch; 08-27-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: I'm retarded
molomoloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #43
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Guys

Please don't post your email addresses so obviously !!!!

There be things that creep about and harvest them for nefarious uses !!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #44
PabloFernandes
Brazilian Whispernetless
PabloFernandes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX US Wireless
oh, i'm crazy to make a Spanish-Portuguese, English-Portuguese, French-Portuguese and a German-Portuguese dictionaries and i can't do it because i just realized that there isn't mobipocket creator for mac g4

I would love to buy a spanish-spanish dictionary and a portuguese-portuguese one as well, but they don't make those .mobi ready for kindle

Anybody with the softwares ready-to-burn would make the portuguese dictionaries? 200 million people would apreciate it (well, Kindle users only 190 million people

the last question: are those this-way-made dictionaries (xdxf.revdanica.com) opensources? could i distribute those .mobi files? thanks in advance

Last edited by PabloFernandes; 09-13-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: the last question
PabloFernandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #45
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Guys I successfully converted some stardict dictionaries to mobi. However, I see a big problem: All my newly converted dictionaries freeze my Kindle 3. Interesting that freeze occurs only when I try to browse dictionary. When I set this dictionary as primary floating prompt works and I see no freezes. When I go to expanded view dictionary nicely displays first page of respective entry. When I press turn page button to read the next page of long entry my Kindle often (but not always) freezes and I need to reboot.
My only suspects are versions of GTK2 and stardict editor and compression setting in Mobipocket Creator.
If you don't see any problems with dictionaries on your Kindle please let me know what versions of stardict editor and GTK2 do you use. Mine are 3.0.1 for stardict editor, GTK2 2.16.6 (http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html).
Also, do you set compression option in Mobipocket Creator? I set it to uncompressed but this did not help.
Thank you.

-----------------

Looks as I found the workaround. Just don't use Mobipocket Creator, use mobigen.exe with options c0 and s0 - no compression, no encryption. That worked for me, no freezes anymore.

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 09-21-2010 at 12:55 PM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook tools, kindle tools