Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Keep reverting to v.6.16

I am having a strange problem. I downloaded v.6.20 and added several books to my library. Later, I went back to add another book and I got an error message. I looked around and it said I was on v.6.16. I tried running a repair from the calibre website but it didn't fix the problem. So, I waited until v.6.21 came along, updated my program and everything seemed to work fine. Now, however, when I go back into calibre, I'm back at v.6.16. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling calibre, but I still show v.6.16. Any help that anyone can provide would be wonderful. Please bear in mind, when discussing this, that I am not computer savvy at all.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you got 2 copies of Calibre installed? Up to, I believe, 6.0.16 or 17, it was installed in ..\program Files\Calibre. Then later versions went in ..\Program Files\Calibre2. Having 2 separate versions might account for what you are seeing. But you would need to be launching it from 2 different shortcuts for this to happen.

bob
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Are you using dropbox or other syncing software to keep 2 computers in sync? Maybe you have it set to auto backup with the properties for the Calibre folder set to protect. This happened to me once when merging two computers to the same sync. For some reason the wrong copy of Calibre was kept when syncing. I'm relatively sure my problem was operator error.

I bet it has nothing to do with Calibre, but you could uninstall and delete any instance of Calibre then install new.

Good Luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrjl View Post
Have you got 2 copies of Calibre installed? Up to, I believe, 6.0.16 or 17, it was installed in ..\program Files\Calibre. Then later versions went in ..\Program Files\Calibre2. Having 2 separate versions might account for what you are seeing. But you would need to be launching it from 2 different shortcuts for this to happen.

bob
That's it! I do have calibre and calibre2 in my program files! What's the safest way to get rid of calibre? The add/remove function brings up calibre2 as does the start menu.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just delete C:|Program Files\calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
Jane A
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just delete C:|Program Files\calibre
Thank you, that's what I thought.