Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #61
CaptMurdock
CaptMurdock began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch 4th gen
Just a quick update: just updated to iTunes 7 and calibre 0.9.5. Everybody seems to be getting along.
CaptMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #62
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
iTunes 7? Did you mean 10.7?

I've been having an issue where it seems to take a very long time for the send-to-device job to get started, but once it does it runs fine.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #63
CaptMurdock
CaptMurdock began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch 4th gen
^Yeah, I meant iTunes 10.7. My bad.
CaptMurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #64
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Any brave soul verified if things still work with iTunes 11?
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #65
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198108
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #66
Klippy
Enthusiast
Klippy began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I am trying to get Calibre to connect to Itunes but no luck --- does anyone have a suggestion?
Klippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #67
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Calibre has not worked with iTunes in a couple of years - not since iTunes 11 came out. Books on iPads are now managed by the iBooks application and that's locked down so that Calibre can't update it.

You might want to look into the "Marvin" reader application - that's what I use to read epubs on my iPad now.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #68
Klippy
Enthusiast
Klippy began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Wow -- that just sucks! This is the first time I have ever had a problem with connecting Itunes and Calibre. I love reading books on my Iphone 6+ and Ipad. And it has always been in Ibooks. So what you are suggesting in downloading the Marvin reader. I know I can email the books to my self and open on my iphone or ipad. But I just love the ease of putting the books in my itunes and then connecting my apple product and syncing.
Klippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #69
mwheinz
award-winning bozo

Right. Marvin works with Calibre so you can continue to manage your books that way. It also works with Dropbox, so if you have a drop box account you can copy books over to your ipad that way.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #70
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
Marvin stopped working with Calibre and ios when the new upgrade to ios 8 went through..still waiting for fixes though I believe there are some workarounds for computer savvy techs....not me though.
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #71
mwheinz
award-winning bozo

Hmmm... I just tried it with Calibre 2.10 and my iPad - worked fine.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #72
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
I too had this issues a few days/builds back. However, I traced it to iTunes install as opposed to anything in calibre.

After reinstalling (not repairing) iTunes everything is working as it should.

Windows 7 64 bit build 7601
Calibre 2.11 64 bit
iTunes 12.0.1.26
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #73
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This thread has been raised from the dead -- is there any way we can maybe move the conversation somewhere more appropriate?

As stated, the dlls for libimobiledevice were updated to work with iOS 8, miscellaneous fixes, etc.... And everything that should work fine, does work fine. If not, raise the issue in the thread responsible for whatever plugin etc. isn't working.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
This thread has been raised from the dead -- is there any way we can maybe move the conversation somewhere more appropriate?

As stated, the dlls for libimobiledevice were updated to work with iOS 8, miscellaneous fixes, etc.... And everything that should work fine, does work fine. If not, raise the issue in the thread responsible for whatever plugin etc. isn't working.
That would be the IOS Plugin thread.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote