Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
skinnyLara
skinnyLara began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox t68
problem with password

Hi everybody,

I am new at this forum. I've lurking around looking for advice about my new onyx boox t68 and I've learnt a lot from you. But there is a question I have now to which I don't find the answer on this forum. Maybe I didn't look well, if that's the case, please refer me to the right place.

I wanted to protect my onyx with a password, and so I introduced it. It seems I made one or several mistakes when I introduced it due to this fluctuation with the screen touch. The thing is I can't confirm the password because I don't know where I got wrong, and the system doesn't seem to allow to start over. It only shows the confirmation page. I tried to do the "factory data reset" but there, surprise, it asks me for the confirmation of the password again.

Anyone knows what to do to restore/delete password? I would really appreciate.

Thank you very much
skinnyLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:26 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Maybe, you could try an software update (or use the same version of firmware) and hope that the password will be deleted...
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
skinnyLara
skinnyLara began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox t68
Thank you, Randy11,

I've tried what you said and installed the update Booxtor posted, and it erased the password. And other things, too

Thank you very much, I appreciate you answered
skinnyLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Happy for you !
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
password, reset