Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Row height is too big on new library

I have 7 Calibre libraries, and each time I create a new one, I choose "Copy Structure From Existing".

I did this again yesterday, same way I always do, except this time the new library has rows that are taller than all my other libraries. I manually resized them (not too much hassle as I only have 9 rows/books to start with) but every time I add a new book, the row height is big again for the entry.

Any idea what's going on?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
I have 7 Calibre libraries, and each time I create a new one, I choose "Copy Structure From Existing".

I did this again yesterday, same way I always do, except this time the new library has rows that are taller than all my other libraries. I manually resized them (not too much hassle as I only have 9 rows/books to start with) but every time I add a new book, the row height is big again for the entry.

Any idea what's going on?
Doh!
What OS (and Version)?
What Version of Calibre?
Did you set the Preferences: Look and Feel: User Interface Style different?
(Actually, is everything on that preference page the same?)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mac OS X 10.7.4
Calibre 0.8.59

I'm not sure why Look and Feel settings would change when creating a new library? Anyway I checked all 8 libraries, and all 8 have identical Look and Feel setting, like this:

Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most Preferences are not stored In the Library. They are per user. (AWAG: Once used on a book: conversion settings are stored, but the Global ,preference setting is not stored)

The setting (a good one ) you chose, includes all the (DB) Structure (custom fields) of the existing Library (otherwise, there would be (your) data-trimming ).

13pt? font, I use 9pt on XP.
Change the setting 'Calibre Style" (a recent addition) to "System Default" and see which you like better.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
gers1978
Addict

I'm not sure you understand my problem - I *know* what the difference between System Default and Calibre Style is, I purposely chose Calibre Style for all my libraries.

I'm merely wondering why all of a sudden creating a new library from existing structure would cause the row height to be large, when *the exact same* operation 7 times previously hasn't done this...
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
I'm not sure you understand my problem - I *know* what the difference between System Default and Calibre Style is, I purposely chose Calibre Style for all my libraries.

I'm merely wondering why all of a sudden creating a new library from existing structure would cause the row height to be large, when *the exact same* operation 7 times previously hasn't done this...
Is this Library on the SAME MAC? Them we will need to wait for Kovid.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
gers1978
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is this Library on the SAME MAC? Them we will need to wait for Kovid.
Yes, all on the same MBP. I simply choose "Switch/create library" then "Create an empty library at the new location" and tick "Copy structure from current library". I always start with my main library in view, so they've all been created from the same "seed" library.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Post a screenshot of these big rows.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
gers1978
Addict

Note the height of rows 1 & 2:

Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And do the row heights remain large if you restart calibre?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote