Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #61
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quick question about the boot-up and shutdown logos. I downloaded a picture and put it into /system/logo and selected it to be the shutdown logo. When I turn off my PB 301+ the logo stays on there forever. Is that supposed to happen? Of course, it goes away when I turn the PB back on...but the logo remains even if it's turned off. Does eInk make an image permanent until it gets a command to change?
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #62
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Yes, that's the idea of the shutdown logo. The nice thing is that it doesn't take any battery at all, since it's a static image. Displaying images and texts takes no power from e-ink devices, it's the turning of pages and the internal processes that do. Thus, you can have a static image as a sort of "customization" for when your ereader is off.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #63
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Yes, that's the idea of the shutdown logo. The nice thing is that it doesn't take any battery at all, since it's a static image. Displaying images and texts takes no power from e-ink devices, it's the turning of pages and the internal processes that do. Thus, you can have a static image as a sort of "customization" for when your ereader is off.
Ah ha! I see. Thanks so much for that great explanation.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:02 AM   #64
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
forgive me if this is a silly question, but I am a total beginner: are these themes only suitable for the PB300 series, or could they go also on the new models?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:40 AM   #65
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
forgive me if this is a silly question, but I am a total beginner: are these themes only suitable for the PB300 series, or could they go also on the new models?
Hmm, work without a problem with 60x, I guess. Not so sure about 90X because of resolution. Who wants to be a test driver for this?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #66
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hmm, work without a problem with 60x, I guess. Not so sure about 90X because of resolution. Who wants to be a test driver for this?
thanks mtravellerh, as soon as I get my hands on it, I'll give it a go!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #67
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quick question, is there any documentation on Pocketbook themes? I have downloaded a few examples, played with them, and they compile. It's pretty much trial & error at this point: the images are self-explanatory (8bit BMP, duly noted), but the actual theme file is a bit more compliated. There must be something, right?
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #68
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
OK, I've found a Russian (of course) .rtf on the US site. Heading over to Babelfish as we speak.

ETA: Found a rough translation on these forums already: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=956692

Last edited by rogue_librarian; 11-30-2010 at 04:48 PM.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:25 AM   #69
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
OK, I've found a Russian (of course) .rtf on the US site. Heading over to Babelfish as we speak.

ETA: Found a rough translation on these forums already: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=956692
thanks, this is very helpful, cannot wait to put my hands on my PB903 to try them out!

Last edited by paola; 12-02-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #70
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
I tried and the themes are a mess on the 902, most don't change anything at all, and when you got to appearance>Menu you get error 'Widget settings not found'.
Sherlock changes some small things, a clock for 'buzzy' other font for headers, thats it.
I think we need a whole new batch of themes for the larger readers.
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #71
Moredread
Addict
Moredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-books

Device: Trekstore Pyrus
Hi,

I want to start a Theme-Topic in the german subforum here on MR. Would it be ok to upload the themes in that topic, or should I send the people to this thread to download the themes?
Moredread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #72
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moredread View Post
Hi,

I want to start a Theme-Topic in the german subforum here on MR. Would it be ok to upload the themes in that topic, or should I send the people to this thread to download the themes?
The themes are supposed to be free and clear of usage restrictions so nothing prevents it. They're not particularly large so storage is not likely to be an issue. And there's plenty of duplicate threads around with even less justification.

Your call, really.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #73
Moredread
Addict
Moredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-booksMoredread has learned how to read e-books

Device: Trekstore Pyrus
Thanks . This is great. I believe a lot of german users will be happy about it .
Moredread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #74
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Is there a way to get the default theme of the 902 visible/readable? Or is it somewhere to be downloaded? I want to know what is different between the 'old' theme's and the new, so i can start putting the old ones together again in a way that the 902 can use them.
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #75
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
Is there a way to get the default theme of the 902 visible/readable? Or is it somewhere to be downloaded? I want to know what is different between the 'old' theme's and the new, so i can start putting the old ones together again in a way that the 902 can use them.
I'll check that
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote