Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Tracey
Connoisseur
Tracey is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony eBookstore Gift Card

Good afternoon everyone, i wish you all a very happy New Year. I am interested in buying Sony eBookstore Gift Cards; does any US based members have any for sale please? Thanks and kind regards, Tracey.
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey View Post
Good afternoon everyone, i wish you all a very happy New Year. I am interested in buying Sony eBookstore Gift Cards; does any US based members have any for sale please? Thanks and kind regards, Tracey.
I don't have any readily for sale. However I would be happy to purchase one for you if you can pay via paypal cash balance. PM me if you are interested.

However, have you considered buying secure LIT from fictionwise.com, removing the DRM and converting using calibre? It actually takes less time to do for a book than it took me to post this message. Once you get it all set up and have done it once.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Tracey
Connoisseur

Hi BOb, thank you so much for your very generous offer; I very much appreciate it and i would be willing to reimburse you via Paypal. The Calibre option that you mention does seem a very convenient option but i am unfamiliar with what would be required to undertake this process. Can you either explain to me what i need to do or refer me to an appropriate posting which gives details? Thanks again, Tracey.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey View Post
Hi BOb, thank you so much for your very generous offer; I very much appreciate it and i would be willing to reimburse you via Paypal. The Calibre option that you mention does seem a very convenient option but i am unfamiliar with what would be required to undertake this process. Can you either explain to me what i need to do or refer me to an appropriate posting which gives details? Thanks again, Tracey.
Sure... there are many threads that talk about it. Search the forum for convertlit. To get it going you should install MS Reader. Get it registered and "buy" the free secure LIT (MS Reader) test book from fictionwise. The use convertlit to remove DRM. Then put the book into calibre to convert to LRF.

These steps are discussed in detail in several threads.

But, if you can't figure it out, feel free to PM me for help.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
Tracey
Connoisseur

Hi BOb, thanks again for the advice. I will have a search of the forums and have a go! I appreciate your offer of help if i get stuck. Kind regards, Tracey.
Advert