Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
scottmandu
scottmandu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Need Kobo Glo Image File Please

Hi All,

Girlfriend dropped the Kobo Glo Model N613 in the tub (true story). Dried it all out, and tried reading the memory card in Windows but it did not recognize the card. Formatted it and am now am looking for an image, and pointers on how to mount the image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
Old 05-11-2016, 01:16 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent with the link. Have a look at Memory Upgrade Mod Guide for instructions on writing the image to the card.

I don't expect that you will be able to recover from this as the water has probably damaged other parts of the device. At the least, you should disconnect the battery and let everything dry properly. Some people recommend putting the devices in rice to absorb the water. The times I've needed to do this (apple juice spilt on a laptop), I put it in a nice warm dry spot for a couple of days.

If you can't get it going, I recommend a Kobo Aura H2O. Dropping one of those in the bath won't be a problem. And a nice bunch of flowers to cheer her up
Advert
Old 05-11-2016, 10:58 PM   #3
scottmandu

Kobo Glo Alive!

I took the cover off the Kobo Glo and put it in a bag of rice for a few days, and then hit the board with electrical contact cleaner and scrubbed the board with a stiff 1/2" brush. It would power up but had a blank screen. I was suspecting that this was because the memory card was corrupt.

I took out the 2GB card and formatted it. I then installed Win32DiskImager and wrote the image file to the card and put it back in the Kobo. It is alive and seems to working fine.

Thanks for the image file and the advice.

Scott
Old 05-12-2016, 02:35 AM   #4
scottmandu

Memory Upgrade Mod Guide Updated Links

Hi,

I was giving the Memory Upgrade Mod Guide a once over at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122

It shows links for Flash Drive Image Creator and Flash Drive Image Writer that don't point to the correct pages.

http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=28
"Flash Drive Image Creator"

http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=29
"Flash Drive Image Writer"

The working links are:

http://www2.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=28
"Flash Drive Image Creator"

http://www2.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=29
"Flash Drive Image Writer"
Old 02-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #5
raziel_401
raziel_401 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I need an image file for Kobo Aura HD. Thanks in advance!
Advert
Old 02-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
raziel_401
raziel_401 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
*Sorry, Kobo Go HD. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:53 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent in response to the post in the Glo HD request thread.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #8
stonegrey
stonegrey began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647b, Kobo Aura, Hisense sero 7pro - jailbroken
could i please have an img file for a Glo N613. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:23 AM   #10
stonegrey
stonegrey began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647b, Kobo Aura, Hisense sero 7pro - jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.

Thank you.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Thread closed. Please go here.
Closed Thread