Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What mobile devices do you own that you are currently using for reading ebooks?
Sony Reader (either 500 or 505) 38 53.52%
Amazon Kindle 10 14.08%
iRex iLiad 7 9.86%
Bookeen Cybook 15 21.13%
Jinke/Hanlin 2 2.82%
Ganaxa GeR2 0 0%
Soribook 0 0%
EBookwise-1150 6 8.45%
REB1100 1 1.41%
REB1200 1 1.41%
Franklin eBookMan 2 2.82%
Sony Librie 0 0%
Dr. Yi M218 0 0%
JetBook 0 0%
iPhone 1 1.41%
Palm or other cellphone or PDA 9 12.68%
Laptop or UMPC 6 8.45%
Other 5 7.04%
I don't own a mobile device for reading ebooks 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm just worried that they would try to put the condiments on ME.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm just worried that they would try to put the condiments on ME.
I like mustard!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #18
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Puzzling. 29 Sony owners and 6 Kindle owners. I would have guessed it was much closer.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #19
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
That doesn't surprize me at all, really. First, because the Sony costs less, and second, because it's available in more places (and in physical stores no less ... people are still more likely to purchase something they can touch and play with before purchasing).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #20
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
And I just now saw the poll. Don't know how I missed it last weekend.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #21
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Puzzling. 29 Sony owners and 6 Kindle owners. I would have guessed it was much closer.
Why?

Participation here requires folks to know about the site. How do they find out?

For the Sony Reader, this seems to be the main place to get info and have Reader focused conversation. For the Kindle, there are forums on Amazon.

There may be more Kindle users overall than Sony Reader users, but the Kindle folks don't have to leave Amazon to talk about it.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #22
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Time out! So far, 5 people have clicked "Other" which is a significant number given that I listed every single device that's in Dale's Wiki page. So what are these mobile devices that don't fall in the other categories?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote