Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do my best to make sure that if I was to move to a device that did not support LRF I would not be stranded with too many books that I cannot convert to take with me. I think if I was to switch formats, I would go with Mobipocket due to being able to convert to that format. Plus it's supported on other eink devices. eReader is not and that to me is a big drawback. I don't want to read on a tiny screen. 6" is small enough.
Since there was little or no formatting in the PDB files I was able to move them all to LRF with very little effort. Those were my first BookDesigner efforts. I used ABC Amber Palm Converter to extract the text from the PDB files before I loaded it in BD for the LRF creation.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
mobipocket had a "free" and a "pro" version available, but a few years ago they decided to give the "pro" version away for free as well.
OTA-downloads seem to be all the rage, but i don't know why
i like to do all that stuff on my laptop, and not on a tiny fiddly handheld.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #18
cherdman
Enthusiast
cherdman began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X51v
I notice that eReader has a font pack available for purchase. Can I simply use my own fonts like Mobipocket?

I'm also noticing that certain of these books are a bit more expensive than their Mobipocket counterparts (comparing with paperbackdigital and booksonboard at least). I'm sure the pricing is about the same in a general sense.

Edit: Looks like you can use any installed font. I'm actually a bit surprised by how underwhelming eReader is compared to Mobipocket.

Last edited by cherdman; 10-24-2007 at 12:45 PM.
cherdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:16 AM   #19
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
This is bad news for me, I can just see it now, finishing a book on my HTC Advantage, and spending loads of money within eReader itself while looking for a new read.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #20
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
If they'd done this 18 months ago I would've been more inclined to purchase a Windows mobile device. At least I have that as an option in the future.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:14 AM   #21
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherdman View Post
I notice that eReader has a font pack available for purchase. Can I simply use my own fonts like Mobipocket?
hmm, could you tell me how to install fonts for mobipocket?
Old 12-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
hmm, could you tell me how to install fonts for mobipocket?
On what device?

On a Pocket PC, you simply drag any TrueType or OpenType font into the "\WINDOWS\FONTS" folder; Mobi can use any installed font.

On a CyBook Gen3, create a "Fonts" folder in the root of the file system (the name is case sensitive) and again copy any TT or OT font there.

Palms I can't help you with - perhaps someone else can answer?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:45 AM   #23
mores
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
On what device?
a Symbian UIQ3 device, the SonyEricsson P1i.
I can't find a "fonts" folder anywhere and I am hesitant to fiddle with the directory structure in what looks like the Operating System Folder.