Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #2281
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by redalex68 View Post
Hello everyone,
I just got my first Kindle. I am not sure what model it is, but I paid $79 for it, is has 5 buttons at the bottom, WiFi only, and the Version is 4.0.
I would love to be able to add a Russian keyboard. Could someone please steer me in the right direction? I am not sure which hack (file) to install. Any help is greatly appreciated.
may try these: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22756
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #2282
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A quick round of updates: Fonts v5.0.N, SS v0.26.N, USBnet v0.36.N!

Mostly updated binaries. (In case someone was wondering: don't try to use dropbear-tfm, it's even slower than the latest releases of dropbear, and you get a monstruous 1.6MB tomfastmath static lib bundled in. That only leaves OpenSSH to check...).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #2283
trsteep
trsteep began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Question Cann't install jailbreak

Try to install kindle-jailbreak-0.10.N.zip on my new Kindle 3 Wi-Fi,
but i get message: the update was not successful. Kindle being restart

Note: I copy file update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w_install.bin into root on my Kindle Wi-Fi

What can I do?

PS After buy Kindle, i registered them and then it get some update over wi-fi.
trsteep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #2284
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsteep View Post
Try to install kindle-jailbreak-0.10.N.zip on my new Kindle 3 Wi-Fi,
but i get message: the update was not successful. Kindle being restart

Note: I copy file update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w_install.bin into root on my Kindle Wi-Fi

What can I do?

PS After buy Kindle, i registered them and then it get some update over wi-fi.
Try update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w-3.2.1_install.bin
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #2285
ltdan
ltdan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I feel like my brain is going to explode. I have the newest $79 kindle. It says version 4.0.1. Can I use this jailbreak? I just want to put a flipping picture on my kindle.

Thanks.
ltdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #2286
ltdan

Actually, I already have the jailbreak...sorry. I need to know if I can put my own screensaver on this version. I didn't see a bin file for the new version.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #2287
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdan View Post
I feel like my brain is going to explode. I have the newest $79 kindle. It says version 4.0.1. Can I use this jailbreak? I just want to put a flipping picture on my kindle.

Thanks.
The $79 kindle is the Kindle 4 Mini, which is commonly called a K4 or K4NT in these forums. Many of the hacks / mods / apps that are available for it are listed at these links (and in various other forum threads as well):

"Kindle4NTHacking" wiki page:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking

"Kindle 4th gen non-touch - hacking" thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1882026

There is also a lot of K4NT information buried in the "Kindle Touch" threads, caused by early confusion about the Kindle Touch firmware version.

A "flipping" picture would require active code to provide animation, which would consume the kindle battery faster than a static picture. Or... was "flipping" used as a euphamism for the "F-Word" as the Brittish often do?

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-06-2012 at 10:03 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #2288
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
is there a quick and dirty way to find out whether the usbnetwork hack functions correctly?

The installation log file (v0.36 for dxg) says everyting is OK.

But for some reason, the KDXG gets recognized as a USB device (yes, I entered ;debugON and ~usbNetwork).

Actually, it worked while I had v.2.5.8 on KDXG but now I've got v.3.2.1.

The config file has the following two lines:
K3_WIFI="false"
K3_WIFI_SSHD_ONLY="false"

Is it correct?

P.S.: The device is jailbroken (can start the CoolREader over the launchpad).
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #2289
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
OK, I got it working.
the following message helped
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=471
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #2290
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quick bugfix update to USBNetwork (v0.37.N):

* Fixed the htop binary to use the correct htoprc config file (and thus stop cluttering the $HOME directory).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #2291
ltdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Or... was "flipping" used as a euphamism for the "F-Word" as the Brittish often do?
Thanks for all the information! I just gave up on changing the screensaver though.

And yes, 'flipping' was a word modifier in this case. Think Maurice Moss.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #2292
HughFace
HughFace began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
need for help

I got my kindle keyboard wifi only, only 4 weeks ago, the version is 3.3. I copy the update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w-3.2.1_install.bin into root on my Kindle. But can not jailbreak, every time, kindle tell me update is not successful, kindle is restarting. There is a U006 error on the bottom. can anyone help me?!~ Thx
HughFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #2293
HughFace

Now the jailbreak maybe worked, because the "linkjail" folder appears. But I don't know how to check that. So i use the update_ss_0.26.N_k3w_install.bin want to change the screen, and the linkss folder also appears. BUT!!! the app didn't work at all. The screensaver ads didn't change. It's the sign of failure or there is something wrong with my kindle?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #2294
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughFace View Post
the app didn't work at all. The screensaver ads didn't change. It's the sign of failure or there is something wrong with my kindle?
Read the first post in this thread carefully:

"This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking."

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:50 AM   #2295
HughFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Man View Post
Read the first post in this thread carefully:

"This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking."

-HM
Yeah, I know that, but i use the screensaver to change the screen. Isn't it this app's function?

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet