Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Collection functionality

Hello,
I copied many books on my kindle and now i have to move them to collections.
I tested Kindelabra, Collection Manager and Kindle Collections plugin but the big problem is that i can't select multiple files and move them to desired colection.

Kindelabra - i can't sort books by Author, Title and Collection where is set and it doesn't suport drag and drop

Kindle Collection Manager - can't select multiple books and i can't sort book by author, title or collection where is set

Kindle Collection Plugin - i can select multiple books, sort by Author, Collection, Title but i can't add to a collection. Will be great if after i select more books to have an option to move them to a Collection.
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to proper forum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Manichean - I see you are playing hot potato with this one, I was going to reply to the poster to tell them for the same reasons you are having difficulty in placing this.

@sorin - You don't actually ask a question. If you have an issue with Kindelabra or Kindle Collection Manager, you should go to their relevant forums/threads on MobileRead and ask there.

If however you are having difficulty with the Kindle Collection plugin, then you should have just posted on the Kindle Collections plugin thread. I am sure meme or one of the users of that plugin would be happy to assist you.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Manichean - I see you are playing hot potato with this one, I was going to reply to the poster to tell them for the same reasons you are having difficulty in placing this.
Yeah, in the end I thought it should go in here because of the mentions of the other two programs... If you'd prefer it, I can move it back to plugins, though.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I think it actually belongs in the Kindle forums rather than the Calibre ones - since the OP seems to be asking about choosing which Kindle collection software to use.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

Yeah, but I can't move it there, so...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Yeah, but I can't move it there, so...
Why? Is the Move blocked because it has already been moved?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Why? Is the Move blocked because it has already been moved?
I have no mod rights in the Kindle subforum.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I have no mod rights in the Kindle subforum.
You can move a message Out of Calibre, Then you lose your rights (add your Mod notice first).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Seems to belong in the Kindle forum as its a general question. But wherever it ends up here's a comment on my part

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin View Post
Kindle Collection Plugin - i can select multiple books, sort by Author, Collection, Title but i can't add to a collection. Will be great if after i select more books to have an option to move them to a Collection.
As Kiwidude mentioned, you can post in the plugin thread for help on the plugin. If you do, try to provide details on what you are doing and what isn't working for you and it'll be easier to help you. Since the whole point of the plugin is to select and put books into collections, the option to put them into a collection is definitely there
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 AM   #11
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
ok, thanks and sorry for trouble
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:13 AM   #12
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin View Post
ok, thanks and sorry for trouble
No trouble. Everyone around here is more than happy to help - we just want to make sure posts go into the most appropriate forum so they can be seen by people who can help (or try to help )
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:38 AM   #13
Manichean
Wizard

Yeah, that, and we were wondering what the question actually was.