Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #526
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
It is just coming out with the title. When I looked at the metadata with the metadata editor program for those that have a similar plugboard and are sent directly to my pw2, it has the plugboard info in the Title field. But for the Save to Disk ones they are not being adjusted. I tried changing it from azw3 to all formats and still no change for the save to disk. Then I thought it was selecting the send only azw3 to a single directory, and tried it with all the options and still no adjustments. I do not know what else to try to get the plugboard to work.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #527
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
It is just coming out with the title. When I looked at the metadata with the metadata editor program for those that have a similar plugboard and are sent directly to my pw2, it has the plugboard info in the Title field. But for the Save to Disk ones they are not being adjusted. I tried changing it from azw3 to all formats and still no change for the save to disk. Then I thought it was selecting the send only azw3 to a single directory, and tried it with all the options and still no adjustments. I do not know what else to try to get the plugboard to work.
Your plugboard setup should look like the screen shot below. Does it? Remember that plugboards do not work with KF8 (azw3 + mobi) books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	127272  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #528
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Remember that plugboards do not work with KF8 (azw3 + mobi) books.
You mean, dual-MOBI.
KF8=AZW3

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #529
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, I do not know what the dual-mobi things are, too technical for me. But I just connected to the save to disk folder, and used the folder-device to run the exact same plugboard and it works. So it is something with the save to disk that is not working. Here is what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	folder device.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	127280   Click image for larger version

Name:	save to disk.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	127281  
Old 08-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #530
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok, I do not know what the dual-mobi things are, too technical for me. But I just connected to the save to disk folder, and used the folder-device to run the exact same plugboard and it works. So it is something with the save to disk that is not working. Here is what it looks like.
How do you know that it is working or not? Do you have some way of looking inside an AZW3 file? I always test with EPUB so I can look inside the book to get the OPF. I don't know how one does that with AZW3.
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #531
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
How do you know that it is working or not? Do you have some way of looking inside an AZW3 file? I always test with EPUB so I can look inside the book to get the OPF. I don't know how one does that with AZW3.

Yes, I am using both the metadata editor program to look at it, and the kindle for pc program to see the info. The change is visible in both programs. If you cannot figure it out the folder-device option will work to do what I need it to do. I am not sure when this has stopped working because I have not exported the files into k4pc to work on collections since Amazon went live with the Cloud Collections.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #532
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, I am using both the metadata editor program to look at it, and the kindle for pc program to see the info. The change is visible in both programs. If you cannot figure it out the folder-device option will work to do what I need it to do. I am not sure when this has stopped working because I have not exported the files into k4pc to work on collections since Amazon went live with the Cloud Collections.
Something very close to your template works for me with save-to-disk of an epub book, so something else is going on. I never use amazon formats so I can't (actually, won't) debug further.

Good that the folder-device works for you.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #533
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
OK, this is driving me mad - please help someone :-)

In my series numbering - "proper" books in the series get their integer series number - if there's a "pre" book that gets published I use fractions to order them - if there is an "about the series" style book I "number" them using the year they were published.

I have been using a plugboard to allow me to email books to my kindle so I get

Series Name [03] Book Title

but have noticed that these then sort alphabetically not numerically

i.e.

[1]
[1999]
[2]

So I've spent all afternoon investigating how to tweak it so they sort properly
Adding loads of zeros obviously works but I don't like the look
I then though I would use the "spaces before" option but no matter what I do it only seems to add one space before the shorter numbers

where - is a space

Please tell me I am incredibly stupid and there's an easy way of getting what I want :-)
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #534
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
OK

Look at the {series_index} tips on the template screen
Leading 0's

I like uniformity, so I also force 2 trailing decimals:
Code:
{series_index:0>5.2f}
The online Help has lots more on template (options) use
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #535
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You may not want thre leading zeroes to match a four-digit year. So I'd suggest using "0.1" for "about the series" books.

Year of publication is so arbitrary at least use "99" on the assumption that series' don't get that long.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #536
DMee
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
OK

Look at the {series_index} tips on the template screen
Leading 0's

I like uniformity, so I also force 2 trailing decimals:
Code:
{series_index:0>5.2f}
The online Help has lots more on template (options) use
Cheers - been there - done that - didn't like the leading zeros. I want leading spaceS not just one space.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #537
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMee View Post
Cheers - been there - done that - didn't like the leading zeros. I want leading spaceS not just one space.
Change the '0' to a space
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html (see advanced formtting)
Old 09-03-2014, 02:22 AM   #538
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Change the '0' to a space
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html (see advanced formtting)
Sorry, but in templates, multiple spaces are always compressed to 1 space.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:30 AM   #539
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Sorry, but in templates, multiple spaces are always compressed to 1 space.
Ah the old 'compress whitespace' trick

Personally, I use 0's (and only 2 places to the left) so I never saw that.

I used real card catalogs into the 80's so I don't have issues with 'Library order' and I learned to live with ASCII sorting and found it Oh so much easier to count 0's instead of leading spaces (and that was with mono-pitched fonts)
Old 09-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #540
DMee
Zealot

Don't suppose there's any way of getting it to use any other character in place of space?

I could live with, say, underscores

__32
_132

??

Tags
custom column, tag, tags