Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Dariarb
Enthusiast
Dariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Battery discharged

I have PRS 650 and installed the PRS+ 2.1. I've noticed that on many occasions when I'm not reading, the reader by itself does not place in standby mode and the battery is completely discharged. I inform this here because maybe this is it one reason why the battery discharged completely.
Dariarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
If you play any games that are included in PRS+, I know if you don't fully exit the screen to close the games properly, it keeps running and will drain your battery. Just shutting off the reader while in a game would drain the battery as well.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Dariarb
Enthusiast
Dariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enoughDariarb will become famous soon enough

Ripplinger, I didn't play games.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Have you added any new books? That could be the reason. If not, it might just stop by itself. If not, clear off all your books and reformat the reader under settings.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
¿Lo dejas que se ponga en suspensión solo o lo pones tú pulsando la tecla? Si haces lo primero, prueba a ponerlo tú en suspensión.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Dariarb
Enthusiast

Hola Terisa: Como me ha sucedido varias veces lo que he mencionado, cuando termino de leer pulso la tecla para ponerlo en suspensión. Si hago esto, no se me descarga la bateria. Yo pienso que al no ponerse solo en suspensión es como si se quedara pasando páginas y páginas y por eso se agota, no se si me entiendes. Espero que estés bien. Saludos.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Dariarb
Enthusiast

This happen without adding new books? Do you think that is necessary to reformat the reader? I made a reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Have you added any new books? That could be the reason. If not, it might just stop by itself. If not, clear off all your books and reformat the reader under settings.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
This has been an ongoing issue with PRS+. But no one has been able to make it occur on a repeatable basis (at least last time I checked), so they have not been able to fix.

It occurs every month or so to me
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
Dariarb
Enthusiast

It occurred one to three times in the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
This has been an ongoing issue with PRS+. But no one has been able to make it occur on a repeatable basis (at least last time I checked), so they have not been able to fix.

It occurs every month or so to me
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #10
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
It happened to mine a few times. No idea why. It never happened with the previous version.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #11
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
One way I have found that seems to minimise the battery discharge problem is to return to the home page and then manually activate standby.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
Dariarb
Enthusiast

I returned to PRS+ 2.018 and the battery does not discharge.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
I have had the problem all the way back pre version 2
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote