Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Premade CM 10 uSD cards for sale by N2A

N2A, the company that sells SD cards with a bootable version of CM7, now is offering a CM10 version for $30 on an 8GB uSD card and on more capacious cards, up 64 GB at additional cost. N2A says it is donating a portion of its profits to Cynaogenmod Development. Their website shows the CM10 card available for the Nook Tablet only - not yet for the Nook Color. I searched Google for more specifics, e.g., which version CM10 they are using but couldn't find this information. I have CM10 Alpha 0.612 on my Nook Tablet (thanks livramax) and it runs well but it's still a bit rough around the edges.
(I have no association with N2A, not even as a customer, but CM7 and CM10 have given my obsolescent NT a shot in the arm at no risk to the warranty.)
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Good news! I was wondering if N2A was going to be make CM10 available for the Tablet anytime in the near future.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why don't you try to roll your own.

You might want to try making your own CM10 uSD card. livramax has great instructions in the thread "Cyanomod 10 on SD on Nook Color." that precedes this one. If it doesn't work you can always use the 8 GB Sandisk Class 4 uSD card with the N2A CM10 software download. Just read through the instructions a couple of times and be meticulous, especially in formatting the card.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
I have an N2A CM7 card, do you think the upgrade to 10 is worth the $20 it would cost me? (I have a Mac and the DIY method was frustrating and not doable for me).
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
fredlave
Connoisseur

I have CM10 running off a uSD on my 8GB nook tablet, made with livramax's instructions in: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194424.
CM10 is not yet a finished product but it runs well enough. At this stage its still in development so you can expect a few rough edges. Don't sacrifice your CM7 uSD. Save it in case CM10 doesn't work out for you and use another uSD card. (Sandisk 8GB class4 uSD card (recommended) costs $6 on Amazon).
Advert