Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #121
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
How old is that K4?

I'm veering towards PEBCAK though, I can't remember how well you actually have to honor the FW left thing (i.e., I'm pretty sure you need to at least highlight the option first, but possibly you do need to click it first too [or not]).

Can't check right now, my K4's battery is flat.

I also vaguely remember that how the screen refreshes (and whether it starts dropping user input right away or not) after triggering the option is also doubly confusing, so, do wait a good 20s after that.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-17-2016 at 08:15 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #122
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
How old is that K4?

I'm veering towards PEBCAK though, I can't remember how well you actually have to honor the FW left thing (i.e., I'm pretty sure you need to at least highlight the option first, but possibly you do need to click it first too [or not]).

Can't check right now, my K4's battery is flat.

I also vaguely remember that how the screen refreshes (and whether it starts dropping user input right away or not) after triggering the option is also doubly confusing, so, do wait a good 20s after that.
Hi NiLuJe;

My model is from 3 years ago. I could solve the issue by selecting the last option ("X) Exit, FW Right to exit"). Since I couldn't escape from the loop, to shut the Kindle, I selected that option and, magicaly, all worked! One thing is sure, the procedure also work for FW 4.1.3; if "Q) To continue" doesn't work, it seems that "X) Exit - FW RIGHT to exit" also makes the work.

Many thanks for your great work!
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #123
scoot.at
FlapJack
scoot.at began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Onyx Boox Note
help!

Could you provide Jailbreak 0.10 bin file? I need that file to jb my kindle dxg. Thanks!
scoot.at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #124
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot.at View Post
Could you provide Jailbreak 0.10 bin file? I need that file to jb my kindle dxg. Thanks!
Your DXG runs series 2.x firmware, not 4.x firmware.

There should be a jailbreak thread for the firmware 2.x series, although I don't have a link for it.

Try the appropriate wiki index page(s) listed in the sticky: "Where do I start" thread.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #125
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot.at View Post
Wrong thread.

See the Sticky index of available jailbreaks: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275881

EDIT: Need to start reloading these pages more often.
knc1 -- geekmaster made us a new index just for the jailbreaks themselves.

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-12-2016 at 10:23 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #126
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The DX jailbreak links were in both the Jailbreak Index sticky thread AND the Master Index sticky thread. I updated the Master Index to point to the new Jailbreak Index sticky (created to organize the many accumulating jailbreak methods and devices).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #127
spook
spook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4th gen
I'm looking to jailbreak my K4 4.1.3 and there doesn't seem to be a jailbreak available for this specific firmware. Do I have to downgrade to 4.1.2 to make the jailbreak possible?
spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #128
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try it first, it could be that the title just hasn't been updated yet.
(We no longer have an active moderator here to do that sort of chore.)
Old 11-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #129
spook

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try it first, it could be that the title just hasn't been updated yet.
(We no longer have an active moderator here to do that sort of chore.)
Thanks for replying, I was hoping this thread wasn't dead.

Yeah I thought that could be the case, as the wiki page includes 4.1.3, I just wanted to make sure. However there is one additional thing I'm unsure of; there is no factory reset mentioned for this jailbreak. Is it really not necessary?
Old 11-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #130
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook View Post
Thanks for replying, I was hoping this thread wasn't dead.

Yeah I thought that could be the case, as the wiki page includes 4.1.3, I just wanted to make sure. However there is one additional thing I'm unsure of; there is no factory reset mentioned for this jailbreak. Is it really not necessary?
If it isn't mentioned, don't do it.

The only thing 'factory reset' does is erase things.
Mostly, you never want to do that.

Only people here die, not the threads, threads go on forever.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #131
spook

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If it isn't mentioned, don't do it.

The only thing 'factory reset' does is erase things.
Mostly, you never want to do that.

Only people here die, not the threads, threads go on forever.
Well yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm kinda lazy and I hate going through all that(deregistering, erasing, moving things back again, etc.), unless I really have to.

Here's to hoping I'm not bricking my K4 and unleashing a whole new set of trouble.

I'm kinda glad on that last part, but for selfish reasons
Old 11-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #132
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook View Post
Well yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm kinda lazy and I hate going through all that(deregistering, erasing, moving things back again, etc.), unless I really have to.

Here's to hoping I'm not bricking my K4 and unleashing a whole new set of trouble.

I'm kinda glad on that last part, but for selfish reasons
There is always Kubrick.
It is very good at restoring a K4.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:48 PM   #133
spook

That's a relief.
I'll try to back everything up just in case.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #134
spook

Just thought I'd drop by and give you an update; my jailbreak was perfectly succesful. I am now running on custom screensavers(finally).

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #135
Hyolobrika
Hyolobrika began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 (Non-Touch)
Will this jailbreak stop Amazon from being able to delete books off my Kindle and spy on me?
If not, what can I do to avoid that?
Hyolobrika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, k4nt