Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-16-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Glad to be here...

My name is Bob, and even though I'm a newbie to this site, I'm one of the new editors. I'm just getting my feet wet now, but hope to learn how I can be a helpful cog in the wheel here.

We all have a wonderful opportunity for this site to prosper, and I encourage everyone reading this to get involved. You'll have more fun if you get involved!! I'm sure we are all going to enjoy this site more and more each year.

Jump on in!!! Post a thread about something you've been thinking about, or share how you've made your mobile device useful. Or introduce yourself in this thread. You don't have to be an expert or a great writer. Just be yourself, and treat others kindly and you'll find you really enjoy it.

Or hang out and post some replies when you can encourage someone or share your experiences. This site may be born of the vision of Alexander Turcic, but it's the "average user" that holds the key to a great community.

On a more personal note, I've been excited about handheld computing ever since the late 70's when I got hold of a programmable calculator. Even a hi-lo guessing game program gave me endless thrills back then. What a long way we've come!

Now I'm a "Logical" Oracle DBA by profession, and spend a lot of time with my PalmOS PDA. At work it's a lifesaver to organize my work and keep track of meetings and projects. At home, it does pretty much the same thing, plus a lot of fun stuf like mobile reading, games, documenting personal information, games, shopping lists, games, etc. I kid about the games... I don't really have that much time for them, but I usually play a game before bed. Something quick and simple like Solitaire.

I live in Pennsylvania, USA in my townhouse. No wife and no pets, so you'd think I have a lot of time on my hands. Nope, but I wish I did!

I discovered this site after a couple years of discovering the wonders of mobile content and web clipping. I believe that's a "killer app" that relatively few have truly discovered so far. But soon many more will learn of the joys you can have with a PDA.

The best is yet to come!

BTW, There were exactly three reasons I wanted to be an editor here...
1) I love mobile devices and mobile reading and found wonderful content here. I believe this site is headed for even more exciting times, and lots of fun for all.
2) Writing brings me great joy, and I want to get better at it. What better opportunity could I find?
3) Alexander Turcic. There's something about him that's inspiring. I don't know exactly what it is yet, but I know he is devoted in his work helping people and supporting the mobile community. Maybe it's that passion and kindness toward people that gets me excited.

P.S. Feel free to send me a private message or email. I'd love to hear from people! What do you like about the site? What do you use your mobile device for? What sort of things would you like to see discussed and written about here? Once I get going, tell me why you like or dislike my writing (kindly please). Or just write me to say "Hi!"
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:02 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
A belated welcome to MR, Bob! And also a big thank you for the introduction

I am sure you will learn quickly how this site works, like I have already, even though I have been here only a short time.

Andrew
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2004, 05:47 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I've already had long e-mail conversations with Bob. I am absolutely sure you will soon see some great changes here at Mobileread thanks to his deep insight and interest in the world of mobile devices and mobile reading.

Thanks for joining us, Bob!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:00 AM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Another belated welcome Bob! I've actually been away from the forums for a while, but was quite a busy poster when it was turcic.com

I'm back now, with a vengeance! I must say, Alexander, I'm excited with the changes I'm seeing, and the new direction and purpose mobileread is taking. I've regained my interest, and will be hanging around annoying everyone again )

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote