Notices

Old 10-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
cjschmidt
Thyme Lord
cjschmidt doesn't littercjschmidt doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
PRS-505 just arrived! (Mac user)

Just got my new Sony Reader.

I took a few pictures and I'd be willing to answer any questions, or try things out if anyone is interested.

Photos!
cjschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
cjschmidt
Thyme Lord

Shows up just fine in OSX as a USB Storage device.
Charges without any installation or hackery.
Advert
Old 10-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Nice. Thank you!

What's the included cover like?
How does the cover attach to the reader?
What's the memory card opening/cover like?
Anything else you notice different from the PRS-500? (Did you have one of those?)
Hows the d-pad?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Very nice. Can't wait till mine arrives, which (as its shipping from California), will most likely be next week now. Oh the agony... Watching its progress on http://isnoop.net/tracking/ is torturous. Maybe I should have sprung for express shipping...
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
cjschmidt
Thyme Lord

The cover is nice enough. Faux leather - brown on the outside and a grey that matches the silver reader on the inside. There is a round indention on the top and bottom that the cover snaps into. It hangs like a bound book.

The card slots don't have a cover. They "click" in and there is a slight indention so that they don't stick out beyond the top of the device.

I don't have a 500, though I've played with one quite a bit. The d-pad is a marked improvement over the joystick. Navigating the menus is MUCH easier on the 505.

I bought mine from sonystyle.com - free shipping (even next day air) on anything bought through thursday. :-D
Advert
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #6
hello
Custom User Title
hello began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5130
could you youtube the entire process of getting it up and running loading machine/ebook/flipping etc?
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
This thing looks so nice with the new brushed Macs. A perfect complement!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote