Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #46
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Have clean all my review-text, pictures etc.
Critical is not good. They don't want to read that.
I don't want to read, that I be wrong.

When I be wrong, why should I write any good word about that?
For some users my review was bad, my tests was fantasied or other things.
That's enough.

Sorry.

Best regards
Passepartout

Last edited by Passepartout; 11-23-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Passepartout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #47
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
I quite disagree - critical reviews are a good thing. While you can expect a lot of hope and confirmation bias on a forum dedicated to a brand, I do want to find the downsides too! I'm sorry the pocketbook wasn't to your satisfaction but still hopeful it may be enough for me, at least for a while.
I don't expect it to be perfect, but simply do not know of a better compromise; technically I'd consider the sony 950, but with their customer hostility I can't in good conscience offer them any support. With pocketbook, the SDK and flexibility are worth a lot to me.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #48
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTech View Post
I quite disagree - critical reviews are a good thing. While you can expect a lot of hope and confirmation bias on a forum dedicated to a brand, I do want to find the downsides too! I'm sorry the pocketbook wasn't to your satisfaction but still hopeful it may be enough for me, at least for a while.
I don't expect it to be perfect, but simply do not know of a better compromise; technically I'd consider the sony 950, but with their customer hostility I can't in good conscience offer them any support. With pocketbook, the SDK and flexibility are worth a lot to me.
I disagree, too. The point why PP's critical review met so much negative echos was the fact that he mixed a general problem of eink readers with a review of one specific reader (not fair @ all)
posted with IQ
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:14 AM   #49
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
....was the fact that he mixed a general problem of eink readers with a review of one specific reader (not fair @ all)....
We will see, I don't know is it "general problem" with e-ink-readers.
I will test some other - than and only than I know it for me.

When you made some pictures, made it true - show the complete room around your pictures. Only than I can see - yes this is low light.

The only thing you show is the displays in macro and some text.
The only picture that is right for me is with 500mm between the camera and the reader. Than I can see is it low light or is it not.
For that you need a very good camera of course.

Why I delete anything of that?
1. answer - why should I made promotion, all answers I or the another user said for "our" problem, was "that we have the problem only, we have to change some things with our lightning etc".

2. answer - why shout I made a review, pictures etc. when other users say "it is bad, it is fantasian, it is not correct?
When it was so bad, then now is the chance for the others write a review, made pictures. I sit down hours for made that - wish you fun.

3. the big negativ point for me and that start the wish for me to delete anything, that have pocketbook write it self:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
P.S. Damit die letzte zweifel ausgeräumt werden, werde ich Waldemar bitten, diese zwei Geräte, die möglicherweise "Montagsgeräte" sind, mit dem Gerät aus dem Video (und natürlich mit anderen Reader) zu verglichen und einige Fotos und Videos zu machen...
They want to connect my user account here in forum with videos of my reader, that I have send back, made videos and pictures - and in the end I be the bad man? I have wrong words about a good product? Yes that is the finish line, that I see with this on the horizon.

They can contact the users over PM, they can contact them over e-mail.
But I would never connect user-name and products - why don't say to pocketgoods:
- hey give as the mail adress,
- give us the real adress too
- we want to show it in the internet for all

I know - that's the point you dont want to do. But think about again.
When you connect a video about a product what I have send back - this is the same for me.

You can made some videos of what you want, but when you say "you made a video of the 2 (not hundred) two devices - the devices, that Passpartout and a fried of user in the forum send back, that's for all here clear.

That's what I think about that. Not the same, but the same thinking about that wrote I there in the german review threat.

My last posting there, my last posting here in "pocketbook thread".

Now I go away and look in silent for a new reader, read reviews, look pictures, look videos. When I have found and test it and be 100% sure, this device is good for that I will do "only reading on low light" I will back again.
When I found nothing, I be back in years again.

Last edited by Passepartout; 11-24-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:46 AM   #50
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
3. the big negativ point for me and that start the wish for me to delete anything, that have pocketbook write it self:

They want to connect my user account here in forum with videos of my reader, that I have send back, made videos and pictures - and in the end I be the bad man? I have wrong words about a good product? Yes that is the finish line, that I see with this on the horizon.

They can contact the users over PM, they can contact them over e-mail.
But I would never connect user-name and products - why don't say to pocketgoods:
- hey give as the mail adress,
- give us the real adress too
- we want to show it in the internet for all

I know - that's the point you dont want to do. But think about again.
When you connect a video about a product what I have send back - this is the same for me.

You can made some videos of what you want, but when you say "you made a video of the 2 (not hundred) two devices - the devices, that Passpartout and a fried of user in the forum send back, that's for all here clear.
Unfortunately I can not understand how you come up with ideas that your name can be published ... You said that something is wrong with your reader, it should be checked and documented. Waldemar (Pocket Goods) get the unit back, and we photograph ... What is wrong?

-

Ich kann leider nicht nachvollziehen, wie du auf Idee kommst, das deine Name veröffentlicht werden können... Du hast behauptet, das etwas mit deinem Reader nicht stimmt, es soll geprüft werden und dokumentiert werden. Waldemar (Pocketgoods) bekommt das Gerät zurück, und wir ihn Fotografieren... Was ist daran Falsch???
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #51
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Actually I'm shooting in the dark right now - buying device based on the adverts only. Plus not a cheap one - 400 euros are a lot of money for a reader. I also have my doubts because I'm night reader /I've already bought my Mighty Bright 2 but just in case I've ordered Mighty Bright Duet 2 too/. What make me feel comfortable is direct contact with both seller and producer.
From certain point of view you are right, Passepartout - review based on personal experience is supposed to be closest to reality . But as I could understand /i don't speak German so I used Google translator instead/ the discussion there goes to the point where PB are accused in giving manipulative preinfo. So they took defending position which is normal - right now they made a highly anticipated devices and every dirty spot on their image is more than unacceptable. But it is change nothing - the are not hiding so I'm calm and waiting for my device which I can send back if it failed to meet my needs. So peace brothers PB made devices we want while we have the money they need. If I'm not mistaken.
By the way PocketGoods already posted video under artificial light and PB902 doesn't seem to drop in quality comparing to the other devices. But again this is just me in front of monitor.
And before i forget: PocketGoods I know you are more than busy lately but just find a way to sell a LCase to me, please!

Last edited by onesome; 11-24-2010 at 04:14 AM.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #52
twoflower
Enthusiast
twoflower began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
I just got mine 902 white. I tried to do the initial charging, but after connecting the microUSB cable, the reader always turns on (although in the manual it is written you should keep the device turned off during the charging). The color indicator is orange (non-flashing) so I am not sure what that means. When I get the cable out, the battery indicator shows the fully-charged battery status.

Apart from this little confusion, no problems so far (but I played with it only for like ten minutes).
twoflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #53
Passepartout
Addict

My 902 only load when the reader was on - only when the yellow led is blinking and the battery show a little flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Unfortunately I can not understand how you come up with ideas that your name can be published ... You said that something is wrong with your reader, it should be checked and documented. Waldemar (Pocket Goods) get the unit back, and we photograph ... What is wrong?

-

Ich kann leider nicht nachvollziehen, wie du auf Idee kommst, das deine Name veröffentlicht werden können... Du hast behauptet, das etwas mit deinem Reader nicht stimmt, es soll geprüft werden und dokumentiert werden. Waldemar (Pocketgoods) bekommt das Gerät zurück, und wir ihn Fotografieren... Was ist daran Falsch???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
PP, können wir uns einigen, dass wir uns nicht einigen können? Anatolis Vorstoss war wohl ein bisschen übereilt und wird nicht realisiert.
Yes, that is ok. Thank's
Old 11-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #54
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post

Yes, that is ok. Thank's
ok....
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #55
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflower View Post
I just got mine 902 white. I tried to do the initial charging, but after connecting the microUSB cable, the reader always turns on (although in the manual it is written you should keep the device turned off during the charging). The color indicator is orange (non-flashing) so I am not sure what that means. When I get the cable out, the battery indicator shows the fully-charged battery status.

Apart from this little confusion, no problems so far (but I played with it only for like ten minutes).
ok so please DO a review for US ! or even a videoreview, tell us what's wrong with this device, if there is something wrong.. we are all waiting !
thanks
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #56
CalvinL
Enthusiast
CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
ok so please DO a review for US !
thanks
Yes, twoflower, please do a review for us. I will be very appreciated.
In term of the screen, if it's the same quality as NOOK or kindle2, I'll buy it.

PS. Did u buy it in the U.S??
CalvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #57
twoflower
Enthusiast
twoflower began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
I hope I will be able to compare 902 with Kindle DX on Friday so I will definitely write my impressions then.

I bought it in Czech Republic.
twoflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #58
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
+1 asking very politely for an enlightening review in advance!
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #59
paaThaka
Connoisseur
paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes please, twoflower. Anything you can muster.

I know a dozen or so people would be interested in the note-taking to PDF files feature.

That is, if you make notes to a PDF file, are they saved to the PDF file itself or some other separate file.

Thanks for any info and review already in advance
paaThaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #60
bogdaniosif
bogdaniosif began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 90x OR iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by paaThaka View Post
I know a dozen or so people would be interested in the note-taking to PDF files feature.

That is, if you make notes to a PDF file, are they saved to the PDF file itself or some other separate file.
I'm one of those people . Please describe, and if possible show, how annotations works on the 902.
bogdaniosif is offline   Reply With Quote