Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Need a favour from iPad owners!

Hey guys,

I'm writing from Canada. We don't have any iPads yet. Can any iPad owners here please test something for me?

A couple weeks ago, I uploaded my fantasy novel "Firefly Island" to Smashwords, which sent it out to Apple. I'd like to know if "Firefly Island" has made it into iBookstore yet.

Are you able to find it there? Should cost $1.99.

If not, I'll ask again in a week or so.

Hope we get iPads up here soon...

Thanks!

Daniel Arenson
http://www.DanielArenson.com
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Just searched The store in iBook and got no results.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Ah... pity. It might need a few more days. Thanks for checking, though! I'll probably bump up this thread next week, and maybe by then, it'll be available.

Wish there were a way to check online, but as far as I know, you can only search iBooks with an iPad.

Daniel
Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
No results for the title or your name as of 10:40 central 4/15

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
nonsequito
nonsequito began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Not as of April 15, 2010, 11:48 AM.
nonsequito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
DArenson
ebookworm

Thanks, guys. Smashwords did warn me it can take a couple weeks, so it probably just needs more time.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Just out of curiosity, what are the steps to publish a book on apple?
Thanks
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
DArenson
ebookworm

Hi templario,

I'm using Smashwords, a distributer for ebooks. You upload your book to Smashwords, and they send it to stores like iBookstore, Sony store, etc. When you sell copies, they take a share of your profits. As far as I know, you need to use Smashwords (or similar services) to get your book into these ebook stores.

An exception is the Kindle store; you can use Amazon's Digital Text Platform to do that yourself. I uploaded my fantasy novel "Firefly Island" to the Kindle store myself last week. It was easy to do, and I'm able to log in anytime to view my current sales.

Daniel
Old 04-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Ok, thanks for the details.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:51 AM   #10
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Well I bought your book through SmashWords and loaded it up into iBooks. Looks just fine at a glance. Need to finish my current book but I think I'll read yours next. I know it's not the Apple copy, but i would expect theirs to look the same.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:46 AM   #11
iPhoneMonster
iPhoneMonster began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey, this is my first post here, and i'm looking forward to contributing in these forums. I also wanted to say that I checked for your book in the iTunes store and couldn't find it. I'll check again soon.
iPhoneMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #12
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
steps to publish a book on apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by templario View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are the steps to publish a book on apple?
Apple selected eight publishers to be their iBook "aggregators." You must work with one of them to have your book in the Apple iBookstore.

To find the aggregator list on the Apple web site, go here. Select Book from the pop-up menu and then click the Continue button. In the next window, click the phrase Apple-approved aggregator. This takes you to the list where you may click on each publisher and go to their web site for details.

The companies range from Ingram, a giant in the book distribution business, to Smashwords, a new electronic publisher. Each has its own way of doing business, so check them all out. - Fabe
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #13
G-funk
G-funk began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
New to this forum, and my iPad is one day old. Just searched for your book on the iBooks store, with negative results.

Hope to really enjoy my time with this iPad and getting back into reading. Tough to carry my library when I'm deployed on a ship.
G-funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:18 AM   #14
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-funk View Post
Hope to really enjoy my time with this iPad and getting back into reading. Tough to carry my library when I'm deployed on a ship.
What ship are you stationed on?
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #15
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
I am uploading mine today, will be asking for the same favor. I'll start another thread.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote