Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
A Complete list of Louisa May Alcott's works..

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the complete writings of L. M. Alcott? If so please give me the link. Wikipedia only list a "selection".

I'd like to read all the ones written as Jo's stories as well as all the follow-ups to Little Women. Her shorts interest me also; I recently read "Lost in the pyramid" and would like to read more of them.

I'm not particularly well at the moment, so my concentration isn't good; Alcott's fairly easy writing is something I can cope with; I also like the homeliness of the Little Women stories.

(Recovering from another attack of labyrinthitis. I've had neutropenia - a low count of one type of white blood cell - for some time, but it's dropped to a dangerous level, so I'm a bit scared too. Homely books which are easy to read will help psychologically.)

Was going to insert the
THANK YOU
sign here, but can't take the round and round motion! Sorry.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried "Fantastic Fiction"? It's generally pretty good.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I'd completely forgotten about that site. Their page about her seems pretty comprehensive, they even have a link to a lovely site about her life and times etc. Oh dear, I might be making lots of requests in the begging section to the peeps who do the beautiful MR book formatting.

Brilliant suggestion. (Imagine the thanks icon.) Might be an idea to make an icon which doesn't circle
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Here's 35+ works you can buy for $1.00, from Amazon. (I realize you didn't ask where you could buy some, but I thought you might find this interesting.)

http://www.amazon.com/Works-Louisa-A.../dp/B004L9KW1S

Calibre is your friend.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Oh dear, I might be making lots of requests in the begging section to the peeps who do the beautiful MR book formatting.
There are already more than 30 in lrf format in the MR library
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...archid=6502914
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J

What wonderful peeps inhabit MobileRead! I'm spoiled for choice.

Don, thanks for the heads up re Amazon. I took a look at the Uk site and they have this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Lou...2&sr=1-1-fkmr1
which looks wonderful and is well within my budget. I'm already registered at Amazon as I occasionally buy gadgets and arty stuff from them. I have the Kindle for PC gizmo on my computer, could I get the book out of the software and would I have to be a friend of Alf in order for Calibre to convert this to lrf?

Billi, thanks for the link to the relevant section of the library and for realising my old 505 is much happier with lrf's.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes, Alf would have to be your friend, too, in order to get them in suitable form for your Sony.

However, as Billi mentions, you can get them here free. You would not need calibre (I believe; it's been awhile since I owned a Sony 505, and just copy the lrf files onto your Sony.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
You can get that in ePub for your Sony, drm-free
http://delphiclassics.com/shop/?s=Alcott

I buy a lot from Delphi Classics, I love that store.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
You can get that in ePub for your Sony, drm-free
http://delphiclassics.com/shop/?s=Alcott

I buy a lot from Delphi Classics, I love that store.
+1 This

Delphi Classics is a great place to buy classics. They have most of the more famous authors there along with others whom I had never heard of. The prices are reasonable and they are DRM free. They are also nicely formatted.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been reading the MR formatted versions. ePub doesn't always look good on my old sony, often the conversion can mess it up too. I have managed to download books to my Kindle4PC and then done the Alf thing, converting in Calibre. But I infinitely prefer MR books.

Good suggestions for those with more modern ereaders though.

Tags
alcott, books, complete, list