Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You already have that in the member authors forum (and some of those deals never make it to this forum). So, would you want only hardware deals here (if so, I suspect may of us would never stop in, unless specifically looking for a new device).

Splitting out book deals by device would mean a lot more work to find them for readers (since I really don't care a bit about the Sony device, for example, but am interested in the occasional free book in epub format, in their store or otherwise, but know some others here have both devices). Stores with a free book in multiple formats would have to be posted in multiple places.

Sure, splitting it out by device would mean that those that don't have a Kindle and can't or won't download the Kindle app won't have to read about deals they don't get for free (and even at $2.50 or so, depending on local currency, many of the titles that are free in the US are still a good deal in other places). Seems a petty reason to spread the information out across the forum, when it is much easier to ask people to identify the device/store where the deal is, in the title or have a mod add it if left out. Then, just ignore the Kindle deals (or add a local currency 2.30 to the deal listing and then decide if you want to read about it), if they don't entice you.
I agree that splitting things up is not a good idea. I'd prefer to simply have an appropriate subject line and I can read it or not if I so desire. I actually hate having the book offers separated into the device forums because then I have to wade through even more stuff that I don't really care about. Many book offers overlap devices -- even Amazon offers since they work even with PCs now, that alone should be enough to list book offers separate from any particular device.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote