Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
ysth
ysth began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Conversion from "open ebook" directory?

ebook-convert allows specifying a name with no extension as the output file to create a directory containing the HTML files that "would normally have been passed to the output plugin".

But how to you convert back from such a directory?

(My underlying problem is that I have some broken .mobi files that I want to edit to fix; I've tried converting them to .epub but can't because they have no breaks in the content and get a SplitError.)
ysth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply pass the name of the .opf file inside the directory to ebook-convert.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
ysth
ysth began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Thanks!
ysth is offline   Reply With Quote