Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
In stock at Future Shop stores today

I just checked on the black Vox, and it is showing in stock at most Future Shop stores around me in Guelph Ontario today! They are also including a $10 Kobo gift card with in store purchases.

Last edited by easterncoyote; 10-28-2011 at 07:55 AM.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Future Shop in DDO is where I bought mine this morning. Went back 1 hr ago looking for a cover and they have plenty still ....
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Future shop computers didn't know about the $10 coupon. But I'll be printing off the web page and going back.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Just got back from futureshop St-Jérôme with a beautiful kobo vox jet black.
The computer knew right away about the promotion.
They had 4 black and 1 blue
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, so maybe the black Voxs had the promo attached to them but my ice blue did not.
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie
RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
Hmm, so maybe the black Voxs had the promo attached to them but my ice blue did not.
There was no sticker on the box or anything, It was advertised in the Future shop flyer.
RoxyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist

RoxyJ, sure but the folks at the service desk told me that the computers would automatically give you the discount coupon if they were in there. Which it didn't for my so I'm speculating that the coupon code was there for the black Vox but not the icy blue which I chose.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
If people are looking for them some futureshops don't have them on display. The one I went to had 5 black Voxs but they were all in an overflow cabinet and not with the other e-readers/tablets. It took them awhile to find them.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
TonyToews
Evangelist

kaikara, agreed. They weren't on display and the sales droids didn't have a clue. Fortunately he happened to notice them in a locked cabinet which had poor lighting so it was hard to see them.

At first he was hearing me say Kobo Box which didn't help matters.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I picked mine up at Future Shop in Red Deer this AM. They have $10 gift cards. My salesperson told me that I would get the coupon when I logged onto my account, not at the store. I had a printout of the webpage with me, so he ran a $10 gift card through at the same time I bought the Vox and it gave the $10 credit for it as part of the transaction.

I have no WiFi at work, so I won't get to use the Vox until I get home tonight. I am charging it though .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I picked mine up at Future Shop in Red Deer this AM. They have $10 gift cards. My salesperson told me that I would get the coupon when I logged onto my account, not at the store. I had a printout of the webpage with me, so he ran a $10 gift card through at the same time I bought the Vox and it gave the $10 credit for it as part of the transaction.

I have no WiFi at work, so I won't get to use the Vox until I get home tonight. I am charging it though .
gave up on the pre-order?
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Yes, I did. I called Kobo help desk and the support there cheerfully refunded my order which they said should have gone out on the 28th, and somehow did not.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #13
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Cancelled my pre-order too on Friday night after I got black Vox at Future Shop. Took a while to get my $10 card, looks like I was first person to buy one of these in Whitby, no demo out and I had to ask them to look at the web site to confirm the card...sure enough, she asked around and found someone who knew how to process.
Haven't heard back from Kobo themselves however for the cancellation, order is still pending although TA told me I would get called or emailed to confirm!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #14
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
RoxyJ, sure but the folks at the service desk told me that the computers would automatically give you the discount coupon if they were in there. Which it didn't for my so I'm speculating that the coupon code was there for the black Vox but not the icy blue which I chose.
You should get the $10 gift card with all colour choices. If you jump over to Future Shop's website, you'll see that the Ice Blue model is also supposed to come with a $10 Kobo gc if purchased in store. I had to go back to FS with my receipt to get my gc since I wasn't automatically given one when I purchase my Hot Pink Vox.
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote