Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-20-2007, 03:37 AM   #1
mdmcavoy
mdmcavoy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader
Hello--manga lover here

Hello,

I will be getting my Sony Reader in a week or two. I have been reading the forums and wiki to learn the best way to convert my massive Japanese manga collection from decaying paper books to portable and readable ebooks.

My main concern is whether or not the furigana (those teeny tiny characters that tell you which reading to give the kanji) will be legible. Once I have the device in hand, I will probably be back (to the proper forum) to ask questions.

--MMc
mdmcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, mdmcavoy!

You'll find a fair manga lovers here, I lean more toward plain American comic books myself.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
It definitely will not be legible in portrait mode, though if properly distilled through the various utilities here, you should be able to see it in landscape mode. Get used to half-page reading though.

If you haven't read up on the alternatives for fixing up your scans, check out Rasterfarian, PDFRead, JE-Comics Creator, and possibly libprs500 for a start. You might be able to create your own PDF's in Acrobat using the guide provided by Sony, but you'll get better contrast & sharpness using one, or a combination, of the tools mentioned above.

Good luck!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote