Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #556
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I see five little dots in the carousel, nothing else. Just to clarify, I am talking about generic page covers.
Ok, I tried again. When it was an Instapaper book made by Calibre, the cover appeared after I opened it from the library (if I remember well).
Then, I just tried to open a book by pressing the dot from the carousel but it didn't work. The book opened since I could see the title but everything else was blank, no page number, no menu that can be called from the bottom of the screen. I had to turn the Mini off and on again.
Note that I'm using jgoguen's plugin
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #557
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I see five little dots in the carousel, nothing else. Just to clarify, I am talking about generic page covers.
I see what you mean. I manually copied an epub and changed the name and had the dot on the home page. I also added a TXT file and the same thing happened. But, they seem to have gotten it right for the sleep cover.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #558
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I would love an option to display the time on the book page, but only if they implement it at the bottom, say in the lower right corner, and avoid putting it in the top area so you don't lose more reading space. I often read while waiting for appointments, etc., so it's very handy to always see the time without having to disrupt reading by hitting a menu button.

Edit: And I'd love it if they would cut the space the page number takes up at the bottom in half. As it is now it takes up too much reading space for just the page numbers. To the right of this reduced page number is where optimally I'd love to see the time display.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 04-25-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #559
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Lightbulb

+1 for the time-visible-while-reading suggestion, although I'm not quite sure how that could be implemented without sacrificing valuable screen space (particularly on the Mini). Perhaps make it an option that can be switched on or off?

I would also like to see an option to be able to select/set a specific image or cover to show when we put the device into standby (I currently have mine set not to show, but I am jealous of hubby's Sony e-reader that lets him set all sorts of pretty pictures). For example, maybe I want it to display a black & white wedding photo, or a picture of a tropical beach...

And further down the list, REALLY under "nice to have" would be a Mahjong program, alongside Sudoku.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #560
louden
louden began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST/Kobo Aura HD
Please check out an iPad with GoodReader. I'd like to be able to set a zoom and position for every page of a PDF, then get back to that spot each time I turn a page.

Please add this to the Aura HD.
louden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #561
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And one other adjustment that I'd love to see, let us adjust the line spacing height a bit lower than what it now allows (which I believe is 1.3). 1.3 spacing just leaves too much wasted space for me.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #562
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Ok, I tried again. When it was an Instapaper book made by Calibre, the cover appeared after I opened it from the library (if I remember well).
Then, I just tried to open a book by pressing the dot from the carousel but it didn't work. The book opened since I could see the title but everything else was blank, no page number, no menu that can be called from the bottom of the screen. I had to turn the Mini off and on again.
Note that I'm using jgoguen's plugin
This did not happen to me recently. But I have seen this in earlier FWs. Anyway, I do not think that this is related to the cover pages in the carousel and the library.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:13 AM   #563
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I see what you mean. I manually copied an epub and changed the name and had the dot on the home page. I also added a TXT file and the same thing happened. But, they seem to have gotten it right for the sleep cover.
This is what I call an achievement. My congratulations to the developers.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #564
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Firmware bug, issue or request list

Removed by author

Last edited by Anak; 04-26-2013 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #565
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Can a new prefix be added to post? Prefix: Touch Glo Mini Aura?
Now it only possible to select one device. A little "problematic" for soms threads as future firmware features requests and firware bugs: same bugs and same feature request for different devices (now Touch and Glo).
My opinion: firmware releases are for all devices: Touch, Glo, Mini and Aura. So bugs and feature requests apply to all devices. Except when noted or a feature (e.g. front light) is limited to some devices. But still should be posted in the same thread.

Second, can a list of reported bugs/issues/requests added to the first or second post of the threads? It's quite complicated to find out if a bug already has been reported. As the threads are usually long and also contain remarks, work arounds etc.

E.g.
Known bugs
Open
* (some) dictonaries not functioning: wrong format (#posting number) (# firmware release)
* annotations/bookmark issues (#posting number) (# firmware release)

Closed/Solved (by Kobo, no user work arounds)
* issue (#posting number (# firmware release)

Where:
#posting number: first posting reporting a bug/issue in current or previous thread.
# firmware release: bug/issue first appeared in firmware release number x.x.x)

You'll get the idea. Better suggestions are welcome.
It also becomes much easier to track Kobo's efforts to solve known bugs.
Feel free to take on the challenge.......
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #566
deluja
deluja began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Is there wiki search and web search when one starts dictionary lookup in kobo glo like there is in the kobo for android?
That would be nice to have in kobo glo.
deluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #567
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
A lot of good ideas in here. I pretty much agree with all of them. Coming from a Sony Reader with prs+ I am used to being able to see the time. I also like to see how many pages there are in the whole book, not just one chapter. One thing I would like to be able to do is get dictionary definitions of words contained in the selected explanation. For example I looked up "eponymous" tonight and got the definition of 'relating to an epynom' or something like that. That's not much of a help. What I wanted to do was then select epynom from the definition and define that but I couldn't do it. I had to open up the dictionary and manually type the word.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #568
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
It's strange... I've read some ePubs (not from the Kobo bookstore) and had them show the full page count. Last night was the first time I noticed page numbers in relation to the chapter (and that was on a kepub). Is this a new update, or has it always been this way?
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #569
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

I believe that only happens with kepubs, and no idea if there's a way to shut it off or not. Regardless of where I buy my books from, I always sideload them through Calibre, which for me is a plus as I would hate chapter pages rather than seeing the full book page count.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #570
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
It's strange... I've read some ePubs (not from the Kobo bookstore) and had them show the full page count. Last night was the first time I noticed page numbers in relation to the chapter (and that was on a kepub). Is this a new update, or has it always been this way?
Yes, this is a kepub feature and so far you can't have the full page count.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo