Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
brilliant news !! it's great to see ETI is still developping for their products, it would be a shame for them to be left in a corner somewhere. not that epub support is a suprise from Garth Conboy, of course, but i's a very welcome addition nonetheless. thanks ETI ! nice work ! and thanks Nick for the news !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #17
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Fantastic, not just ePUB conversion I see but many other improvements and even a modern Mac version. Great job eBook Technologies.

Dale
Dale:

For the Mac version above, are you referring to the Beta Mac OS X Publication Tools? Does this also support .epub conversions?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
not that epub support is a suprise from Garth Conboy, of course, but i's a very welcome addition nonetheless. thanks ETI ! nice work ! and thanks Nick for the news !
Yes, Garth is right in the midst of this .epub standard and where we NEED him to be! Just a note that, John Rivlin, co-founder of ETI is also a major reason this new version has been released.

Kudos to the ETI Guys!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Dale:

For the Mac version above, are you referring to the Beta Mac OS X Publication Tools? Does this also support .epub conversions?
I haven't tried it myself but the openness of having mac versions is good for the industry.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #20
nrapallo

Quote:
I haven't tried it myself but the openness of having mac versions is good for the industry.

Dale
Oh, another tidbit, Garth is a Mac person; John is more Windows inclined.

Even though I used, for Business, the very first Apple Macintosh and the early IBM XT/AT's, I consider myself more Windows literate.

For personal use, I am only a Windows person (ever since I begrudgingly left the Amiga platform... ).
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there any documentation on this version available anywhere? It looks like you can create ePUB ebooks with it, and retrieve ePUB back into the Publisher environment. The choice to select ePUB has a icon beside it that can be used to view the document but it chops the right edge off all the pages in my system. Is there something that can be done about that? The windows install now redirects all ePUB to the publisher but I can fix that.

Dale
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #22
nrapallo

Quote:
Is there any documentation on this version available anywhere?
No, there isn't anything specific to this version in their Documentation other than the What's New in v2.3 blurb. The rest of their eBook Publisher Windows.doc wasn't updated to include any .epub specific issues. Just follow the old way of doing things, in the documentation, using .oeb (OEBFF) files. They do say that the two (.epub and .oeb) are dealt with interchangeably. It's not .epub specific, but should help cope with them.

Quote:
It looks like you can create ePUB ebooks with it, and retrieve ePUB back into the Publisher environment. The choice to select ePUB has a icon beside it that can be used to view the document but it chops the right edge off all the pages in my system. Is there something that can be done about that?
You're referring to the Preview target icon on the OCF Container Settings screen. If I set it to Color VGA I get the REB1200 preview. However, I too get that problem when I set it to Grayscale Half-VGA. It doesn't seem to allow a EBW1150 preview. This I think is a bug. (Hey, isn't that what this thread is for!)

Quote:
The windows install now redirects all ePUB to the publisher but I can fix that.

Dale
Can you try the Mac software and gives us an idea/feedback how it works? That software though has been out for a while, so I don't think it has full .epub support, if any. I'm curious to know what the differences are between the Windows and Mac versions. No one has ever mentioned using it before.

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-28-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #23
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry I do not have a mac.

Dale
Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
We are sad for you.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #25
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
We are sad for you.

BOb
Well, Bob, welcome to the thread. I guess you are nominated to test the eBook Publisher mac edition!

Dale
Old 01-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, Bob, welcome to the thread. I guess you are nominated to test the eBook Publisher mac edition!

Dale
Isn't that kind of difficult when I don't have an ETI device? (I know you are sad for me. )

BOb
Old 01-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
nrapallo

Quote:

Dale
Oops, thought you did! Who else out there uses a Mac and could try this out, for purely academic reasons....

Quote:
Isn't that kind of difficult when I don't have an ETI device? (I know you are sad for me. )

BOb

Hi BOb!

Not really. Any .imp ebooks produced can be viewed with the supplied viewer (if there is one, we don't really have any feedback on this yet) or even posted here .

Screenshots would be nice, then you could uninstall the software. You can check our wiki (eBook Publisher) for a Windows screenshot of the program.

If you would like some help getting started, I'm a request away.....

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:

BOb
yes we are.

but you could test the software without having a device ; just use the built-in simulator.

edit : oops, nick was faster.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #29
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
but you could test the software without having a device ; just use the built-in simulator.
I'll give it a whack when I get a chance.

Basically, what do you want me to try. Load an ePub book and then try to view it? Perhaps compare the view with the ePub being viewed in Stanza or Calibre perhaps?

BOb
Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #30
nrapallo

Quote:
I'll give it a whack when I get a chance.

Basically, what do you want me to try. Load an ePub book and then try to view it? Perhaps compare the view with the ePub being viewed in Stanza or Calibre perhaps?

BOb
The viewing, I think, is currently a bit broken.

But if you could generate a .imp ebook from a widely available source, like REBTestDocSrc.zip and then compare that to an existing .imp, like those here, then that would be better. Just load the REBtestdoc.opf and build the Grayscale Half-VGA (i.e. EBW1150) target. See sample images from the PC viewer program below.

I don't know if the Mac version even has any support yet for .epub ebooks. That's what you may be able to confirm for us.

Otherwise, earlier in this thread, I explained how to create a .imp ebook from a .html source. See if you can follow it and post your results. Again, I'm here for some hand-holding (in a platonic-way ).

Thanks for taking this on!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	REBTestDoc.imp.jpg
Views:	2236
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	22204   Click image for larger version

Name:	REBTestDoc_1200.imp.jpg
Views:	2347
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	22205  

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-28-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added some screenshots of PC viewer program