Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2008, 05:48 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
NYtime recipe(s)

I was surprised to discover in the latest versions that the NYT recipe doubled itself, as normal and subscription - surprised since the subscription is free...

but even more surprised when I saw the relative sizes:

NYT 5.1MB (27 november) 5.3MB (28november)
NYT-subscription 2.4MB(27 november) 1.9MB (28 november)

seems that to subscribe is dangerous!

Seriously, the subscribed front page contains 10 items, while the non-subscribed contains 17 items

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Now you can edit built-in receipts in calibre.

Subscription uses http://www.nytimes.com/pages/todayspaper/index.html page
The other one is from mobile version, http://mobile.nytimes.com.

Sites are organized differently, hence different versions of feeds. The mobile version doesn't have "Front Page", how are you comparing articles?

Size of the second version is much larger because it covers most of the sections, while the subscription doesn't have Travel, Auto, Arts, etc.

I'll try to build something in between, to get the subscription version plus few missing sections.

Last edited by ddavtian; 11-28-2008 at 03:27 PM.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
David you are correct in your review of the subscription vs the mobile feeds of the NYTImes. I compared the subscription sports and business with the mobile feeds and found more articles in the subscription version.. Adding the missing mobile files to the subscription will make this the most complete version, imo.

From another David, thanks.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
girlperson1
girlperson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
I've also noticed that the San Francisco Chronicle and the Japan Times are listed twice. Any reason why?
girlperson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlperson1 View Post
I've also noticed that the San Francisco Chronicle and the Japan Times are listed twice. Any reason why?
They shouldn't be, they certainly aren't for me. If they're listed twice for you its because you have a custom recipe for them as well as the built-in one
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
girlperson1
girlperson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
They shouldn't be, they certainly aren't for me. If they're listed twice for you its because you have a custom recipe for them as well as the built-in one
I didn't built any custom recipes, they were all built on this forum. But regardless, how do I remove duplicates, if that's possible.

NEVER MIND!! I found it and fixed it....

Last edited by girlperson1; 11-29-2008 at 04:03 PM.
girlperson1 is offline   Reply With Quote