Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
Jeremiah.L.Burns
Jeremiah.L.Burns doesn't litterJeremiah.L.Burns doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
On a side note, I was happy to see a very large selection of King's works on Kindle at Amazon for us Aussies. I seem to remember last time I checked (admittedly some time ago now) that not much was available. Now it looks like his entire catalogue.

I'm not a huge fan of King, but there's a few of his that I'm interested in reading.
King did an exlusive book for Kindle G2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur_(novella)), and that was in 2009. Not so very long ago, I guess...but perhaps following this, Amazon continued on converting the rest (or more) of his body of work.
Jeremiah.L.Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 AM   #17
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Yeah I read that on my Nook LOL. It was an interesting novella, very weird.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #18
Jeremiah.L.Burns

Well I'm nearly 50% through Book VII. As I expected, few opportunities for reading and sleepiness when opportunities arise is (as always) slowing me down. But I still am loving it. It's great to see the characters develop the way they are...and I'm terrified of of where it's going because I simply don't believe King will let them all make it out alive.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
Jeremiah.L.Burns

Well I finished "The Dark Tower" on Friday...my birthday, in fact. As I created this thread as a "No Spoilers" thread, I'll say nothing other than I was not disappointed with the story arc as a whole. I think King did an excellent job of keeping things fresh and varied throughout, and I eagerly anticipated each and every chapter.

I'm extremely pleased that I took the time to read it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to lose myself in Westeros for the first time.

Last edited by Jeremiah.L.Burns; 05-13-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #20
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
The Dark Tower was one of my last paper reads before I switched to ebooks. It had a huge impact on me and inspired me in some of my own writing. Because of that I created a character who looked like Stephen King, looking at his picture from the book jacket as I wrote.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #21
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah.L.Burns View Post
Well I finished "The Dark Tower" on Friday...my birthday, in fact. As I created this thread as a "No Spoilers" thread, I'll say nothing other than I was not disappointed with the story arc as a whole. I think King did an excellent job of keeping things fresh and varied throughout, and I eagerly anticipated each and every chapter.

I'm extremely pleased that I took the time to read it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to loose myself in Westeros for the first time.
You will enjoy yourself in Westeros, trust me!!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark tower, fantasy, gunslinger, sci-fi, stephen king