Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Book (Kobo) - Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch ($9.59 paperback), by Marc Strange, isn't available in the Kindle store (and is out of stock in print), but (this week) you can get the ebook for free from KoboBooks.

Book Description
Joe Grundy is an ex-heavyweight boxer whose main claim to fame was that he got knocked out by champ Evander Holyfield. Now he's chief of security for a posh old hotel, the Lord Douglas, in downtown Vancouver, and life is pretty good. But then a young neo-hippie inherits more than half a billion dollars and decides to give it all away. As soon as the kid checks into the Lord Douglas with the intention of holding a press conference to announce the scheme, Joe knows big trouble is headed his way, especially when the kid winds up dead.

Grundy sets out to discover who murdered the would-be philanthropist only to collide with suspects and sucker punches around every corner. Joe had some pretty tough battles during his days in the ring, but this time the stakes are higher, the opponents are lethal, and the final count could be fatal.

Click HERE to get the free download at KoboBooks. It's a DRM'd EPUB, so you'll need Adobe Digital Editions or the reader software from B&N or Sony.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Link's not working for me, Karen, and I don't see the book listed on their site for some reason.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Everything seems to be working.

I just downloaded it.

Thanks for the info.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Not sure what the problem is on my end. (Firefox and a bunch of security software and add-on's)

Anyway, I had to log in to Kobo and search for the book in the "free section" to get it.

The link just wouldn't work for me.

Thanks for the heads up just the same!
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman7 View Post
Not sure what the problem is on my end. (Firefox and a bunch of security software and add-on's)

Anyway, I had to log in to Kobo and search for the book in the "free section" to get it.

The link just wouldn't work for me.

Thanks for the heads up just the same!
Argh! Not sure what's up with the link either. Their link maker always takes 15 minutes or so to start working after generating a link, anyway. It's working here (not that it helps you), which is what I waited on before posting.

Glad you found it though. Looks interesting.

For anyone picking up free books at Kobo, always be sure to click on the "add to library" button, as that gives you permanent access to the book. If you only click on "download epub", once the book goes up in price, you have to buy it to get access again.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thanks, Karen

I had no problems downloading it.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Thanks, Karen

I had no problems downloading it.
Same here!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
This is a free e-pub book by a Canadian author. The original poster neglected it can be read on Kobo ... the world's only "Canadian" e-reader. The story even takes place in Vancouver.

All in all, a nice touch from the folks who are launching Kobo. (It even works properly on the Kobo -- you can change the font size!)

The follow up title, Body Blows, won the Edgar Allan Poe Award last month. Brief item about that here: http://www.openbooktoronto.com/news/...llan_poe_award

If you like the free book, please consider buying the next in the series, Follow Me Down, just published this month. The author's website is here: http://marcstrange.com/

Last edited by SensualPoet; 05-08-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added a little more colour and links
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote