Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Nook Tab/Android newbie has two basic questions

I'm a Kobo Touch user (feeling misused these days) but decided anyway to get a color LCD tablet to supplement eInk reading. I got a Nook Tablet (NT) 16GB, refurbed, and installed an N2A Card to make it a regular Android tab. Two big questions:

--Once I'm in the Android environment, is the only way to get back to B&N's Android interface to take out the N2A and reboot the NT?

--I can't see where I can enlarge display type on web pages. Android Settings doesn't offer anything, and I don't see any way to get popup menus on font and other display tweaks. This handicaps me in playing around with the NT-as-Android tab because I can't read the typical tiny type, and so have to sit in front of my desktop in order to explore Android.

Thanks in advance for some simple-side replies!
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
See #2 below.

From https://store.n2acards.com/faq#question-149

N2A Nook Tablet Card - What do I need to know?

1. In order to boot into Android, your Nook Tablet must first be completely powered down. You do this by holding down the power button until the screen prompts you to "Power off".

2. If you want to use the Nook Tablet as a normal ereader, turn off the tablet as noted above, but this time choose "Reboot". Your device will reboot into Nook Tablet mode and bypass the card. You do not need to remove the card from the device

If you have a problem, go to the N2A website Help section.
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Thanks for that. I'll try it out. Meanwhile, on the type-size problem, I had a duh-am-I-a-newbie moment when I was reading about the Apple-Samsung decision: "pinch and zoom." Hey, it works...but only some of the time. Some web pages will zoom, others offer a quick little +/- button, but many display only teenytiny type. Is there a general -purpose Android setting for that, somewhere?
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
They've made different versions of the Nook Tablet. The oldest ones (from what I've read) will try to boot from the card every time.

The NT I have, I have to plug the cable into it and connect to my computer to get it to boot from the card.

As to the text size on the browser, I believe that's a function of the browser. You might want to try out different browsers (available through Google Play) to see which one you like best.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote