Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
CraigW
CraigW began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (3g+WiFi)
Wifi busted after SoftRoot 2.5.1

Hi,

I ran nookDevs SoftRoot 2.5.1 on my 3g+Wifi nook and now Wifi refuses to connect. It was fine before the root and flash.

If I try and connect to my 128bit WEP AP, the device prompts for the key, then says connecting for about 30 seconds, then gives up and says disconnected. When I try again, I have to put the key in again, which is a real pain, but it might give an indication to someone as to how far it is getting before it fails.

Logcat gives no errors when this happens. I even tried editing wpa_supplicant.conf and restarting wifi at the shell. This resulted in the same connecting/disconnected cycle but it sits and tries again and again by itself which is slightly more satisfying at least :/ The router is a Sweex unit, with no useful logging, but from what I can tell the nook is never connected, though I have no issues connecting to it from my Android phone.

Any ideas on how to further troubleshoot?

Thanks.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
CraigW
CraigW began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (3g+WiFi)
Okay so I added an hidden SSIS with open access and tried that instead. I now get:

W/WifiStateTracker( 1788): DhcpHandler: DHCP request failed: DHCP reported failure result 'failed'

I don't see any reason for the AP to reject the connection but I'll keep looking.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
nook, softroot, wep, wifi