Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Help looking for specific book type

I bought my wife a KT 4 days ago and she's already bugging me for book ideas. Last night she asked about trashy, erotic, explicit romance novels, the kind you wouldn't catch me reading on a bet. I have no idea. Can any of the forum ladies here recommend a good author or series for bodice-ripping action?

Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
In the Android app, you tap Browse, and wait for all categories to load. Go Romance, go Adult, and go for the covers with naked people on them.

If you want author suggestions, Bella Andre, Shiloh Walker, Sylvia Day, and Evangeline Love are a few that tend to make reappearances in my book list.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Lunchtray
Connoisseur
Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Gen 1
Not sure on the romance novels since I'm not a lady but I'd recommend something entertaining with some trashy vampire sex n so forth with The Southern Vampire Mysteries (AKA The Sookie Stackhouse Novels) by Charlaine Harris.

Or as some people know it as True Blood from HBO.
Lunchtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
A couple of good sites that review romance novels, run by some very smart women, are Dear Author and Smart Bitches, Trashy Books.

You can also find erotic romances at Ellora's Cave, Carina Press and Samhain (to name only a few, but they are considered the top epublishers for erotic romances.)
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan

HA! I love the juxtaposition of retrogirl with the Mayan pyramid on the SBTB site. Thanks again. This will keep her busy for a little while.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sao View Post
A couple of good sites that review romance novels, run by some very smart women, are Dear Author and Smart Bitches, Trashy Books.
I was not aware of the second one. Thanks for posting the link! I'll check out as soon as I'm no longer on a work computer.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I was not aware of the second one. Thanks for posting the link! I'll check out as soon as I'm no longer on a work computer.
You should like it. Jane from Dear Author and Sarah from SBTB often do joint projects together. SBTB is particularly funny when they run their "help a bitch out" segments, where readers ask for help remembering a book title/author based on some very sketchy, and often hilarious, memories of the plot.

And hmmm, SBTB seems to be down atm. Hopefully they'll be back soon.

Hope your wife enjoys the sites and the books, Latch.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote