Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #21976
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Very nice, Stitchawl. I could have used some Zen when all pdf's disappeared. Somehow Adobe Reader got disabled on my Mac and I had to re-install, before I could make new pdf's. I am busy making new ones. Well, it did clean up my files. But I didn't realise that even in Dropbox those files would disappear.
How's Thailand?

In my cup: cidre
Scary! I hope you manage to get it worked out!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #21977
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Scary! I hope you manage to get it worked out!
Yes....all original wordfiles were still there, so I am making all new pdf's. But it was a bit of a shock that a thing like this could happen, without me being aware of changes in Adobe or Macbook. And my ext.HD and Dropbox as well....all just evaporated.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #21978
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Oriental Beauty, Oolong from Gong Fu. Closer to a green then a black. Working on second cup
Where did you source it from? (Always looking for good Oolongs, especially those on the mid-point or greener.)

@Stitchawl: Nice pic of you ringing the bell. I've always wanted to do that, but my last chance to go to Japan got hosed 15 years ago. (Half my team got sent to Japan for training, while the other half got to go to Cleveland, in January, for discussions with Allen-Bradley, the contractor. Guess which I got. )

Another crystal clear day here in Paradise, but chilly. (1C overnight) In my cup: Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #21979
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Gong Fu is a small tea shop in Iowa that I order tea from. I do all of my shopping with them via the internet.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #21980
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, good. Always a pleasure to find a new tea shop!

Cup is empty. Need to go cook some lunch and brew a pot of tea. Maybe an old favourite, Pride of the Port.
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #21981
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Yes....all original wordfiles were still there, so I am making all new pdf's. But it was a bit of a shock that a thing like this could happen, without me being aware of changes in Adobe or Macbook. And my ext.HD and Dropbox as well....all just evaporated.
With Drop Box you have a history,you should be able to recover deleted file, and previous versions of the files. I have done this when some of my files got corrupted.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #21982
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
With the rain in Shambala
Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
With the rain in Shambala

Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Everyone is loved, everyone is kind
On the road to Shambala
Everyone is happy, everybody is so fine
On the road to Shambala

How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala
How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2mW5...eature=related )

I'm still walking around in a trance... Last night was one of the most intensely beautiful, peaceful, serene, experiences of my life. I've been to several tea ceremonies in Japan over the years, but none... NONE... have come close to what we experienced last night. It was mystical. When performed by a Grand Master, it really does get taken to a whole different place. Same motions. Same tools. Very different experience.

Good morning, everyone. I'm sitting with a cup of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea (which I actually prefer to the tea that the Master served us last night,) drinking it out of my $5.95 mug instead of the priceless tea bowl that the Master served us with. Frankly, it's easier to hold the $5.95 mug... I guess it's a case of 'pearls before swine' but to me, even the $200,000 tea bowls look like something my son made in arts and crafts at Summer Camp when he was 8 years old. We went to a Tea Bowl Museum in Nara prefecture a few years ago, with hundreds of priceless tea bowls on display. Very interesting, but... I guess I'm just to Western to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
@Stitchawl: Nice pic of you ringing the bell. I've always wanted to do that, but my last chance to go to Japan got hosed 15 years ago.
These bells do make a wonderful sound. There are many to be found in smaller temples that anyone can ring when ever they wish to. (I wonder what it's like to live next door to one of those temples...) Charlie, you can still come to Japan... It's no further away than your airport. You get on the plane where you are and get off in Japan. No different than getting off in Houston or Chicago except you can't read the signs. Very few North Americans come to Asia (as compared with Europeans.) Americans go to Europe or the Caribbean. Europeans, Brits, Aussies, and New Zealanders come to Asia. Percentage-wise, I'd guess there to be less than 10-20% North American, although even for North Americans, the Canadians far out number the USAans.

Quote:
Half my team got sent to Japan for training, while the other half got to go to Cleveland, in January, for discussions with Allen-Bradley, the contractor. Guess which I got.
Could have been worse. It could have been Toledo...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #21983
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
These bells do make a wonderful sound. There are many to be found in smaller temples that anyone can ring when ever they wish to. (I wonder what it's like to live next door to one of those temples...) Charlie, you can still come to Japan... It's no further away than your airport. You get on the plane where you are and get off in Japan. No different than getting off in Houston or Chicago except you can't read the signs. Very few North Americans come to Asia (as compared with Europeans.) Americans go to Europe or the Caribbean. Europeans, Brits, Aussies, and New Zealanders come to Asia. Percentage-wise, I'd guess there to be less than 10-20% North American, although even for North Americans, the Canadians far out number the USAans.
Stitchawl
Well, see, it's about that minor little problem called money. Having a way to do it on someone else's dime was really the only hope. There were chances during the glory days of the dot com bubble, when I was making major $$, but instead we went to Africa one year, and Antarctica another. Then when I decided to downsize and focus on quality of life, I moved to Canada and the Sunshine Coast. That was also a decision to accept that major travel was likely out. I've got enough points to make a round trip on Virgin in Upper Class to the UK, but that's the last freebie still around. So the chances are I won't get to Japan. Though, having worked for Toyota for >10 years, I would very much have liked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Could have been worse. It could have been Toledo...
Nope. I've been to both. I'll take Toledo.

The next trip I got was (wait for it)...

Dallas. In August.

Ah, those were the good old days when a boondoggle was something to look forward to.

Done for the day. Oban in my glass.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #21984
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
With Drop Box you have a history,you should be able to recover deleted file, and previous versions of the files. I have done this when some of my files got corrupted.
Thanks VydorScope for the suggestion; didn't think to look at the history. Strange thing is that my timemachine didn't give me those files back and I had to redo all. And I still don't see why Adobe stopped. I will look into some alternatives today.

In my cup: cold coffee.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #21985
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Afternoon cup of Ceylon Uva. Good stuff. I'm sitting here braiding a keychain for a friend who was very specific... It had to be leather, black and white with a four-strand braid of flat suede lace, and finshished with a Turkshead knot tied in round leather lace. It's HARD to tie a Turkshead knot real small! I think more tea will help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, see, it's about that minor little problem called money.
Yeah... I hear that. When I moved to Asia, I held a yard sale to raise some money. I took in enough for a one-way ticket and $500 in my pocket. My friends said I was crazy, but the optimist in me said it would be OK. But then, I'm so optimistic I think yesterday can get better...

Stitchawl
Old 11-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #21986
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Chocolate cookies and warm tea in my cup.

Good Afternoon Stitchawl. It sounds like you are having a fun afternoon. I'd like to see a pic of that project when you get it done.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #21987
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

mmmm chocolate chip cookies (starts humming the cookie song from the Philadelphia Chicken Album and thinks that she needs to counter kids music with rap or something grown up)

Seven Son Pu-Erh (a massive brick) on one cup, apple cinnamon oatmeal in the other.

Tonight is date night. Baby boy is being left with the day care for Parents Night Out. we are going to see Bond. I am thrilled. Time with the hubby and a great flick. (giggles)

Baby boy is 27 inches long and 18 pounds 12 ounces. He is growing nicely. My Doctor is totally pregnant but not telling folks. I know a maternity shirt and baby bump when I see one though and the nurses were grinning when I asked them. Lucas does not like getting shots. He did really well though. He had nightmares last night. It is hard watching his face get all scrunchie and to hear him scream. I was able to hold him and help him settle down but it is so hard to watch. I wish I could tell him that the shots are good for him and make him understand but I just had this vision of nightmares with people sticking him with things that hurt.

(sigh)
Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #21988
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Chocolate cookies and warm tea in my cup.

Good Afternoon Stitchawl. It sounds like you are having a fun afternoon. I'd like to see a pic of that project when you get it done.
It's finished. It's not actually a 'keychain.' It's a lanyard for a pocket knife. I've just always called them keychains as I used to keep my own pocket knife on my key ring when I was younger...

Sorry about the quality of the photo. I shot it with my phone...

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moki1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	95794  
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #21989
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

We expect better photos from you dude
Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #21990
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
mmmm chocolate chip cookies (starts humming the cookie song from the Philadelphia Chicken Album and thinks that she needs to counter kids music with rap or something grown up)
..........we are going to see Bond. I am thrilled. Time with the hubby and a great flick. (giggles)
I really missed the Disney kids music when my daughter grew up. And those shots for babies...yuck...I would rather have them myself at the time

And you'll love the James Bond; best film ever. I bought the whole series last week.

In mu cup: cold coffee
In my hand: peanuts (that is: real peanuts....)

Last edited by desertblues; 11-09-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: grammar and so on

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?