Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
sunfrog14
sunfrog14 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 Sc
James Patterson

Anyone know of any cheaper places to get the Alex Cross series from James Patterson?
sunfrog14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrog14 View Post
Anyone know of any cheaper places to get the Alex Cross series from James Patterson?

Sunfrog--Not sure where you're located, but a quite a few libraries have James Patterson e-books available in their digital collections. The book will expire 14 or 21 days after you download it, but most libaries offer this service for free if you have a library card.

You can check for your local library with Sony's library finder:

http://sonysearch.overdrive.com/?in_...ary%20Finder_1

Then check their collection to see if they offer any James Patterson books. You'll want books in either ePub or PDF format. Some libraries have pretty decent collections and some libraries only have a few books.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Search here: http://inkmesh.com/
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I want to read the Women's Murder Club Series. Anyone read those? What do you think...
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I want to read the Women's Murder Club Series. Anyone read those? What do you think...
I've read up through 7. Have 8 on my to be read list. I like them, but be warned--they do contain graphic descriptions of violence, as does James Patterson's Alex Cross series.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Thanks I will keep that in mind.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
sunfrog14
sunfrog14 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 Sc
Thanks for all the ideas! I will check it out! My mom really wants to read all the Alex Cross books, and I am getting her an ereader for Christmas so I though that would be a nice start to her collection. :-)
sunfrog14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Thanks for all the ideas! I will check it out! My mom really wants to read all the Alex Cross books, and I am getting her an ereader for Christmas so I though that would be a nice start to her collection. :-)
I read many of the Alex Cross series several years ago. I enjoyed the books but there was some really nasty stuff described pretty graphically - especially in "Kiss the Girls". Before you buy the ebooks you may want to check though them at the library to see if they are really to your Mom's taste.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #9
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Our local library system has most of his books available for download. That genre along w/ romance seem to dominate the selection. I had to drive an hour to the next county over for a card, but it was work the time and $30 for the books.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #10
kelly1010
Book Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrunk View Post
Our local library system has most of his books available for download. That genre along w/ romance seem to dominate the selection. I had to drive an hour to the next county over for a card, but it was work the time and $30 for the books.
I took a road trip about two hours away and hit 4 or 5 libraries during that time....WELL worth it. Now if I would stop BUYING books I might have time to read library books!