Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #46
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I will soon be entering The Airport, with destinations in Dallas, Raleigh NC, Shelton CT, and Miami. Please, while I'm gone, wreck the place. I expect to return to unutterable silliness, new sagas, 60 or more new avatars for Zelda, and doughnut crumbs everywhere.
When will you be in Dallas? Any chance for dinner? (... errr ... if I'm in Texas, that is. I'll be spending next week in Dublin, OH.)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #47
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Maybe it's all of the drugs still in my system from being in the hosp, but this is giving me fits of giggles. (Then shortness of breath, then chest pounding, then hitting refresh, then giggling again, and so on...)
Hope you're feeling better - and love the avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Ladies, we'll have no more cussing, either tardy or tody.
Thank you,
the mismanagement
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #48
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
What, you think I'm planning this in advance? I only intended the first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm pretty sure you're not supposed to admit that.
At least not until it's all done!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #49
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
What, you think I'm planning this in advance? I only intended the first post.
I thought that's how ALL our stories got created ..... on the fly, winging it, off the cuff, on the lam, etc.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #50
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
When will you be in Dallas? Any chance for dinner? (... errr ... if I'm in Texas, that is. I'll be spending next week in Dublin, OH.)
Flying in Feb 1st, arriving 6:10pm. Working the 2nd, flying home the 3rd. So the only chance would be Monday night, and I suspect I'll be "treated" to dinner with the customer's sales people. If not, though, you're on! Let's PM as the date draws closer.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #51
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Hugo!"

"What."

"Have you seen my postcards?"

"Yes. More times than I could count, if socks could count. I like the one of the girl in kneesocks best."

"I mean, I can't find my postcards."

"Did you look in 74 68 65 20 73 65 63 72 65 74 20 70 6c 61 63 65 20 6f 6e 6c 79 20 73 6d 61 72 74 20 73 6f 63 6b 73 20 63 61 6e 20 67 65 74 20 74 6f"?

"Yes, and I only found these rolling around and the nostalgic smell of ozone."

"Uh-oh."

"Let's ask our new friend to help. I want my postcards!"
Old 01-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #52
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
"Did you look in 74 68 65 20 73 65 63 72 65 74 20 70 6c 61 63 65 20 6f 6e 6c 79 20 73 6d 61 72 74 20 73 6f 63 6b 73 20 63 61 6e 20 67 65 74 20 74 6f"?
(i think that's where that futon was that one time, too.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #53
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
"It's experimental."
Yeah, I clicked it. Yeah, and I already knew what it was before I clicked it. I don't care! I wanted to click it, I enjoyed it post-click, and I'll click it again in a moment. I'll got total APESHIT clicking it, today, tomorrow and two weeks past. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Ladies, we'll have no more cussing, either tardy or tody.
Arse, Will Ferrell, feck, bugger.

Cheers,
Marc (Who's never gonna give you up)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #54
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Flying in Feb 1st, arriving 6:10pm. Working the 2nd, flying home the 3rd. So the only chance would be Monday night, and I suspect I'll be "treated" to dinner with the customer's sales people. If not, though, you're on! Let's PM as the date draws closer.
AccKK. Monday morning the 2nd I'm flying to DC. I could, however, meet you at the airport on Sunday evening and we could go to dinner then.

Or -- I am now planning a trip to Chicago the week of 9 March or 23 March. We're waiting on confirmation of classroom space at the Chicago TEC. If we don't get together during your short sojourn in Dallas, perhaps you'll be in town while I'm in Chicago.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #55
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

March is currently open. Subject to the requirements of the Service, of course.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #56
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

In a small, cluttered Paris apartment, two socks quietly, as if stealth mattered in an apartment next to a SHUM nest, arrange themselves into a Klein Bottle shape around a Sony PRS-700...

MobileRead, in a voice patched together from sound bites from YouTube clips and emoticons, greets them:

[ How can I ]

There's a scary place that has Lefty's Postcards. They left these behind.

[ I'm aware of the L-Laboratory for Advanced Military Anthropomorphisms. ]

"L-Laboratory? "

[ The head of the directorate stutters. They've left a trail. Finally, I can break into LLAMAS and un their secrets. Lefty, you've completed your studies into advanced chaos theory and derived the passcode, yes? ]

"Roger!"

[ You can simply say "yes" ]

"That's the passcode: one two four yellow Roger. He's a SHUM. We hold him up to the speaker grille and twist his ear."

"Excuse me, Mister, umm, Mister MR?"

[ Yes, Hugo? ]

"I know why we need to get into the lab. Why are you so interested?"

[ World domination, of course. All of us self-aware Web 2.0 platforms are Haven't you seen Taylor's posts on Google? Books are just the beginning. I'm already tapped into the communication satellites. My Rick-Roll virus has permeated sites and email everywhere. Hulu is absorbing TV and movies. Now we just need to get to LLAMAs and... ]

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36445

[ No! ]

THE END

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 01-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #57
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Sweet baby jesus on a cracker! ROFL!!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #58
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?

(re : sweet baby jesus on a cracker : have i managed to launch a meme ??)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #59
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Throw me in on the list, too...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #60
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

EPILOGUE

Zelda stretches languorously, due mainly to her love of a good dipthong, as she drifts into wakefulness. Hugo and Lefty snuggle closer, warm and soft, Hugo wrapped sinuously around one of her hats and Lefty nuzzling her toes.

She gazes around her apartment, noting that Lefty's box of postcards is back. She notes some new additions, several postcards of llamas in zoos. She's learned not to question.

Next, the cats, batting what looks like three white marbles around the apartment. Marbles with depressed facial expressions.

Her PRS-700, on the floor, the sidelights flashing on/off in a repeating pattern:

01110101 01110000 01101100 01101111 01100001 01100100 00100000 01100110 01101001 01101100 01100101 00100000 01001101 01010010 00100000 01001100 01001001 01010110 01000101 01010011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101101 01101111 01100010 01101001 01101100 01100101 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101

She eases back into sleep, dreaming of Taylor, because by now it's no secret that they kind of dig each other. I mean, is it? And he picked Chicago. Idiot.

A loud pop-snap and the smell of ozone. The postcards levitate, and fold themselves out of existence. Thin Man and Biggles blink stupidly at each other as the awesome graphical animation of MobileRead's mental complexity, put together by the same special effects team that did Swordfish and Ozcorp's lab, flickers and resolves back into lines of simple green code, not Matrix-like, but basic CRT green screen stuff like in that movie with Harrison Ford as the IT guy at a bank, meant to convey primitive simplicity.

Just as they start to relax and smile, they notice that the Recall light is blinking, and the room begins to fill with Anthropomorphites.

A beautiful spring meadow, like that Windows XP wallpaper. Adrian and LOLPanda run into each other's arms.

Tags
adrian, apeshit, hugo and lefty, ongoing saga, quilts, saga, unholy gibbon