Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #166
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
why, Monsieur l'Ambassadeur, are you planning to retire ? should we plan a soirée ? you are awfully young for that it seems to me ! unless you have received some kind of "inheritance" ? well, if you need an advance on your salary i am sure we can work something out. just write a formal request letter and send it to the accountant.
No, I don't plan to retire, my queen, but I have an awful feeling that this continuum is going to be discontinued pretty soon.
I wouldn't want my pay to fall into the space/time hole, you know, with the international economic crisis and so on. Except if this continuum isn't really contiguous with the one of the man behind the screen, so that we have no economic crisis at all. Then I'll gladly have a soirée just for the pleasure of it. I'm sure it would be, as ever, a success
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #167
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
No, I don't plan to retire, my queen, but I have an awful feeling that this continuum is going to be discontinued pretty soon.
I wouldn't want my pay to fall into the space/time hole, you know, with the international economic crisis and so on. Except if this continuum isn't really contiguous with the one of the man behind the screen, so that we have no economic crisis at all. Then I'll gladly have a soirée just for the pleasure of it. I'm sure it would be, as ever, a success
les soirées de l'ambassadeur are always a success.

you are very wise to worry about the non-contiguity of the space-time continua, but then it's a classic example of the foresight and intelligence which explains your success as ambassadeur. luckily for you, pinwheel of course has a continuum contingency plan (ar ar ar !) which will protect us from any unhappy effects of disjointed geosynchronisation. never fear !

you can have an advance on your salary and a soirée anyway though. any excuse for a soirée, i always say. (pass the ferrero rochers please)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #168
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
You think it's hard on the reader, try thinking how hard it is on the writer!

Next time, y'all aren't going to hear a word until it's done.

SSRSE
Oh no you don't! It was just frustration about not getting to read such a thrilling story speaking. You must post your next story in installments as well! I'll just have to make sure I have more popcorn available

Last edited by Slite; 12-15-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #169
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Oh no you don't! It was just frustration about not getting to read such a thrilling story speaking. You must post your next story in installments as well! I'll just have to make sure I have more popcorn available
I'l write it to completion and then start issuing installments....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #170
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
You think it's hard on the reader, try thinking how hard it is on the writer!

Next time, y'all aren't going to hear a word until it's done.

SSRSE
I would actually BUY this book. Story. Whatever. Coming from such a cheapskate as me........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #171
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have just finished the final ending segment. But I have to get the story to that point. I have to talk to a recruiter this morning about a job, so that has top priority. I hope to have the next chronological segment up late this afternoon.

Just remember what The Mikado said about cheap theatrical productions...
Old 12-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #172
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
you are very wise to worry about the non-contiguity of the space-time continua, but then it's a classic example of the foresight and intelligence which explains your success as ambassadeur. luckily for you, pinwheel of course has a continuum contingency plan (ar ar ar !) which will protect us from any unhappy effects of disjointed geosynchronisation. never fear !
It's always good to be reminded that I serve a kingdom that is preparing so much for defense against future or alternate realities.
I remember fondly when I benefitted from our Alien Abduction Contingency Plan ... In order to alleviate the stress and trauma from the experimentation, I was awarded a 3-weeks trip in the islands and an invitation to dinner with the Queen herself, among other honored guests and friends of the realm.

Quote:
you can have an advance on your salary and a soirée anyway though. any excuse for a soirée, i always say. (pass the ferrero rochers please)
Will this be enough for you, my Queen?
http://www.legrandsapin.com/
If need be, I can buy another one, this is only 10% of the budget of our next "soirée".
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #173
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
It's always good to be reminded that I serve a kingdom that is preparing so much for defense against future or alternate realities.
I remember fondly when I benefitted from our Alien Abduction Contingency Plan ... In order to alleviate the stress and trauma from the experimentation, I was awarded a 3-weeks trip in the islands and an invitation to dinner with the Queen herself, among other honored guests and friends of the realm.
i'm very glad that was therapeutic for you.

Quote:
Will this be enough for you, my Queen?
http://www.legrandsapin.com/
If need be, I can buy another one, this is only 10% of the budget of our next "soirée".
well, we do have several esteemed guests coming from as far away as wales, so probably best to get a second one just to be sure.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #174
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I have just finished the final ending segment. But I have to get the story to that point. I have to talk to a recruiter this morning about a job, so that has top priority. I hope to have the next chronological segment up late this afternoon.

Just remember what The Mikado said about cheap theatrical productions...
you're such a tease... you know the anticipation may drive us mad.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #175
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Hmmm, you're the Queen... you could ORDER him to post you know?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #176
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Tease, toy, and tittilate. The three watchword for keeping a woman happy....
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #177
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

I've learned to take these sort of shocks in stride, ever since I got mooned by a nurse while I was in ICU once. So I put on my most suave and debonair attitude, and asked,
"May we see Ralph von Wau Wau."
"Do you have an appointment?"
"I'm afraid not."
"He usually doesn't see people without an appointment."
"If you'll inform him that we're here, I believe he'll make an exception in this case."
"Whom shall I announce?"
"Ralph SIr Edward and VivaldiRules."
She put on the hush and spoke to someone. She hung up and smiled.
"He can see you in 15 minutes. Would you care to have a seat while you wait. Perhaps a cup of coffee?"
I sat down. "Nothing to drink, thank you."
Obviously Ralph was keeping Army time. Hurry up and wait. The better to make us nervous, my pretty...
Finally a Scotman came in. He was wearin' a kilt anyways.
"Ralph Sir Edward? I'm GeoffC."
"Pleased to meet 'cha. This is my sidekick, VR."
"Hello, VR."
VR continued to look dumb, per agreement. Maybe Ralph didn't know that VR talked. Never show your cards unless you have to.
"If you'll follow me, please."
He led us down several hallways, and held open door into a large, empty room.
We went in, and GeoffC started to frisk me. I did the classic yank and flip, leaving GeoffC flat on his back with the wind knocked out of him. A voice over the intercom said. "Now that wasn't very nice, Herr Edward."
"Never trust a Scotsman wearin' a kilt feelin' behind you."
"Perhaps you have a point. If you would be so kind as to slide your .22 over towards a corner." I pulled out my hogleg and slid it off to one side. VR sort'a toddled off to the other side.
"Good. Now what do I have the honor of your presence? You never were the 'go see the old buddies' type."
"First, I've disarmed. How 'bout sending you human out of the room. He wasn't part of our 'old times'."
"You could frisk him."
"I don't think I want to frisk a Scotsman in a kilt."
"Another good point. He might return the flip. Geoff, wait outside. I should be able to handle this Texas gentleman without you're assistance."
"Fine, Sir." he got to his feet and left through the door we came in.
"All right Red, let's talk. You pick the topic."
"Dung."
"Dung?"
"Particularly rock-hard glittery dung?'
"Oh Ho." Ralph chortled. "You mean this dung?"
Part of the wall in front of me suddenly folded away like a pair of big double doors. In the next room was what looked like the Golden Coprolite, sitting on a pedestal, with a spotlight on it.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #178
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I've been busy converting books and must catch up here. In the meantime, I was wondering if The Golden Caprolite originated from The Golden Ass. Just curious.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #179
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
"You could frisk him."
"I don't think I want to frisk a Scotsman in a kilt."
i suppose it really depends on the circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I've been busy converting books and must catch up here. In the meantime, I was wondering if The Golden Caprolite originated from The Golden Ass. Just curious.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #180
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I have no nails left from biting them! Gripping stuff!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coprolite, ongoing saga, pinwheel, saga, unutterable silliness