Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[GUI Plugin] Derive Genres

Uninstall.

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-26-2015 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Anti-Trolling Policy
Old 08-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Has this plugin been written so it works on both Calibre as it is now and the beta Calibre with Qt5? If it doesn't work with Qt5, will it be converted to work?
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Derive Genres Is Calibre 2.0 Compliant, Of Course

Yes, it was so written. It is on Kovid's list of 2.0 compliant plugins. Refer to http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/porting.html anytime if you have questions about compliance with Calibre 2.0 and Qt5 of any particular plugin.

Last edited by DaltonST; 08-03-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser

New Version 1.1.1 Released. The Derive Genres plugin now exports a Unicode(UTF-8) encoded .csv file containing all of the unique Tag Combinations for which Tag Rules were missing. This should make adding necessary new Tag Rules much easier. The instructions have also been updated. Also, a bug created in Version 1.1.0 was eliminated.

Last edited by DaltonST; 08-06-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
DaltonST
Deviser

Derive_Genres_Supporting_Files.zip Required for Plugin Use

The Derive Genres plugin will not do anything whatsoever unless you download the attached file containing zipped supporting files that the plugin uses.

Extract it into the parent directory of your Calibre libraries. They go into the parent directory so that they are available regardless of which Calibre Library you have switched to (assuming they all have the same parent directory, such as "C:\Users\Public\Public eBooks").

Please refer to the documentation, which is available as a sub-menu item in Calibre. The documentation is also attached to the Original Post for Derive Genres.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Derive_Genres_Supporting_Files.zip (279.2 KB, 492 views)
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
DuBlue
DuBlue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hello DaltonST, I was really excited when I came across your plugin as I have been wanting to sort out my genre tags for a long time. I have a very extensive library and have been dreading the manual drudgery that I presumed would be required. Alas, after getting through steps 1 and 2 (and reading the instructions PDF), I get to step 3 and there is no 'Derive Genres' icon in my list to add to either the toolbar or the menubar. I recently upgraded to 2.2 of Calibre and thought that may be the issue. I am also on a Macbook which may/may not be relevant.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBlue View Post
Hello DaltonST, I was really excited when I came across your plugin as I have been wanting to sort out my genre tags for a long time. I have a very extensive library and have been dreading the manual drudgery that I presumed would be required. Alas, after getting through steps 1 and 2 (and reading the instructions PDF), I get to step 3 and there is no 'Derive Genres' icon in my list to add to either the toolbar or the menubar. I recently upgraded to 2.2 of Calibre and thought that may be the issue. I am also on a Macbook which may/may not be relevant.

DuBlue,

Try this:

1) Restart Calibre

2) Uninstall the Plugin

3) Restart Calibre

4) Install the Plugin

5) Restart Calibre

6) Preferences > Toolbar > Click the Main Toolbar to Customize

7) Scan the left column of icons that you do not have, being sure to go to the very bottom

8) When you find Derive Genres, select it and click the > Right Arrow to add it to your Main Toolbar. It will automatically drop to the bottom of the list. Select it and move it upwards to where you wish using the > Green Arrow.

9) Save, close, and Restart Calibre

10) If you have a lot of icons, you may wish to Preferences > Look & Feel > User Interface Layout > Wide.

Having done or attempted the above but the icon still does not appear, reinstall (repair) Calibre 2.2.0 that you have just installed, and start over with Step 1) above.

I just did Steps 1 - 10 above, although mine was working perfectly in the first place, and it once again is back to where it was. I think perhaps you need to Restart Calibre a bit more between steps.

If you used Windows, I would suggest even rebooting the entire pc after reinstalling Calibre 2.2.0 (just on general principles; not for any specific reason).

Last edited by DaltonST; 09-05-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
DaltonST
Deviser

Calibre 2.2.0 Removes Plugin Icons...

DuBlue,

Well, I just installed Calibre 2.2.0, and ALL of my plugin icons disappeared. I was on Calibre 2.1.0. Apparently this is a Calibre 2.2.0 phenomenon. I have had zero problems like this since I released my first plugin on Calibre 1.40, all the way through to Calibre 2.1.0 on Windows 64.

I am reverting to Calibre 2.1.0 from http://download.calibre-ebook.com/2.1.0/ to see if it clears this up.

Last edited by DaltonST; 09-05-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: http://download.calibre-ebook.com/2.1.0/
Old 09-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #9
DaltonST
Deviser

Revert to Calibre 2.1.0 Temporarily To Restore Plugin Icons

DuBlue,

I just uninstalled Calibre 2.2.0, installed Calibre 2.1.0, installed some plugins, and their icons now appear.

Until Kovid figures this all out, I suggest you revert to Calibre 2.1.0, which does not eat plugins.

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/2.1.0/
Old 09-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #10
DuBlue
DuBlue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks!.. 2.1 did the trick... I guess we wait for 2.2.1 now
Old 09-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #11
DaltonST
Deviser

Exclamation Kovid: Calibre 2.2.0 Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBlue View Post
Thanks!.. 2.1 did the trick... I guess we wait for 2.2.1 now
Kovid,

Please read DuBlue's posts above. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm not sure this IS a buf in any way, shape or form. Rather, it was a removal of some code that had issues from message_box.py. See https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...83a7cfc99768c9 for details of the change.

Also if you think it IS a bug, maybe opening a bug report would be beneficial...
Old 09-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #13
DaltonST
Deviser

PeterT,

I think you posted in the wrong thread. I don't know what a "buf" is. This has nothing to do with whatever you were referring to. The issue is that no third-party plugins have an icon available for selecting for location on a Toolbar in Preferences > Toolbar in Calibre 2.2.0.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DaltonST - a 'buf' is a mistake in a 'bug' :rufl:

BR
Old 09-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
PeterT,

I think you posted in the wrong thread. I don't know what a "buf" is. This has nothing to do with whatever you were referring to. The issue is that no third-party plugins have an icon available for selecting for location on a Toolbar in Preferences > Toolbar in Calibre 2.2.0.
Yes... Buf was a typo. Try running calibre in debug mode and LOOK at what the log contains....

Trust me all of my other plugins still work.....
Closed Thread

Tags
.csv, custom column, genre