Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #451
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenH View Post
Hi Jimmy-Jim! Thanks for that info! Really appreciate it!
You're welcome.

Quote:
I was wondering if there was a method to how things were done here- if I apply further patches (like the application launcher etc.) is there a special order for updates if you were previously jailbroken after a firmware update? Things get a bit confusing here with so many varied threads to keep track of.

For instance, should the dev certs be first and then rescue pack and then any other package? That type of order?
I don't believe the order matters too much. I listed the dev certs and rescue pack first since they are part of the jailbreak package.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #452
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ok, great, Jimmy-Jim! I appreciate the comments here! I'm still learning about these freedom-hacks (more used to iOS), and this is very helpful info!
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #453
tomco3131
tomco3131 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
I've done Factory Reset on my Kindle Paperwhite. How to find out whether it is still kindle jailbreaken ??
tomco3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #454
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
It is still jailbroken (as such), but some vital parts (jailbreak bridge, dev certs) are gone now. Just re-jailbreak it to reinstall everything.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #455
tomco3131
tomco3131 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
thx. and how I unjailbreak device? I did jailbreak because of Collections Manager, but I have found that I do not need a Collections Manager . Thx a lot.
tomco3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #456
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomco3131 View Post
thx. and how I unjailbreak device? I did jailbreak because of Collections Manager, but I have found that I do not need a Collections Manager . Thx a lot.
un-install Collections Manager
un-install the jailbreak <<-- but give a lot of thought to that first, you will be locking yourself out of the device. (Just follow the link in the first post of this thread for the un-install directions.)

Last edited by knc1; 04-09-2013 at 09:52 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #457
peter24
peter24 began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's time for a update, about 2 month ago I got my paperwhite and I actually just wanted to have it and use it. Just like regular or library books, FREE and Unlimited.
Of course that's not what Amazon wants, but I wanted:
No Kindle update; No kindle connection; No kindle payments, No................. the list goes on what they would like you should have for a price.
I was lucky to find this forum, my paperwhite is on version 5.3.1, I applied the patch-pack, jailbrake, never registered it, I set the kindle to "Airplane" mode and never looked back.
It just works and so far never gave me any problems. Thanks guys
peter
peter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #458
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post
It's time for a update, about 2 month ago I got my paperwhite and I actually just wanted to have it and use it. Just like regular or library books, FREE and Unlimited.
Of course that's not what Amazon wants, but I wanted:
No Kindle update; No kindle connection; No kindle payments, No................. the list goes on what they would like you should have for a price.
I was lucky to find this forum, my paperwhite is on version 5.3.1, I applied the patch-pack, jailbrake, never registered it, I set the kindle to "Airplane" mode and never looked back.
It just works and so far never gave me any problems. Thanks guys
peter
So, since you never registered it, does that mean you can't create collections? Or can you do so with Collection Manager?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #459
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Some people don't use collections, so maybe it's not an issue for peter24

But to answer your question: Indeed, you can't manipulate collections via the normal UI on an unregistered Kindle - but you can with Collections Manager.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #460
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Some people don't use collections, so maybe it's not an issue for peter24

But to answer your question: Indeed, you can't manipulate collections via the normal UI on an unregistered Kindle - but you can with Collections Manager.
That's very good to know. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #461
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
So, since you never registered it, does that mean you can't create collections? Or can you do so with Collection Manager?
If you install a Coolreader, for example you can have books organized in directories. Much, *much*, better than collections.
My Kindle is registered, but I do not use collections. I use other than default Amazon software to read the books so I have something better [for me] than collections - nested directories.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #462
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
If you install a Coolreader, for example you can have books organized in directories. Much, *much*, better than collections.
My Kindle is registered, but I do not use collections. I use other than default Amazon software to read the books so I have something better [for me] than collections - nested directories.
Ixtab's Collection Manager gives me nested collections.

I have Coolreader on my Sony T1 but I still use the collections for organization, there. (And the Sony has some issues with the Coolreader reading app)

Last edited by booklover6; 04-12-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #463
arthurdapaz
arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

My PW Kindle 5.3.4 is now JB, so what?

Ok, I´m newbie on customizing Kindle, sorry for that! And I beg your patient guys!

The only thing I need to do now is to create a custom screensaver...

How can I do this?

I tried simple_screensaver *.bin file
but the "Update your kindle" is still Greyed out

Am I missing something?
arthurdapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #464
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurdapaz View Post

Ok, I´m newbie on customizing Kindle, sorry for that! And I beg your patient guys!

The only thing I need to do now is to create a custom screensaver...

How can I do this?

I tried simple_screensaver *.bin file
but the "Update your kindle" is still Greyed out

Am I missing something?
If you have already successfully done the jailbreak, then you need to go here and follow the instructions. Good luck!

FYI- If you have a Special Offers version (SO), the screensaver hack will not work unless you pay Amazon to remove the special offers.

Last edited by GoSharks; 04-19-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: added FYI
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #465
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the work put into this. It worked perfectly on paperwhite 5.3.1

Last edited by discopig; 04-19-2013 at 03:39 PM.
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote