Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Library management

I'm considering to buy a new ereader, and until today I thought it would be a Sony. But I just read the specifications of the Onyx i62 and i62HD FireFly, which have about everything that I like about the Sony PRT2 (Touchscreen, dictionaries, ePub), but is more 'independent' (and I'd willingly pay a higher pricer for that...)
Only one question is still unanswered for me: what I don't like about my current reader, and like about the sony, is the ability to manage my library according to (calibre-)tags, and not only in a hierarchical file-structure. Is this possible in the Onyx-readers too?
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
AFAIK no, sorry. At least on the M92.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Wait for a new firmware which should come, hopefuly, this week. Onyx started use Title and Author tags in last but one firmware. Maybe there will be something new in comming one....
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
I hope the i62hd keeps the option of a hierarchical file structure. I don't like the only-one-level collections on he Sony, Kobo, etc. at all.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:24 AM   #5
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Thank you for this remark adbosch...
I always though (dreamed ?) that a reader offering librabry management by tags, would also have the 'classical' hierarchical structure...
If I can't have them both, I guess I'd prefer a hierarchical structure too
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #6
Lespaul
Enthusiast
Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
yes i'm wondering why both ways should not be possible together. Since the near past i managed to have a hirarchical structure, but then i found calibre and it was not that bad with all it's extras. Since this post I thought it would be possible to use the m92 in a "good" effective way with calibre.

Perhaps the problem is more on the calibre side, if you could export tag related searches in tag named folder trees or structures everything would be nice.
Lespaul is offline   Reply With Quote