Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Is there an app to sync tasks between two fires?

I'd like to be able to assign tasks and monitor progress for members of my household. Is there a (preferably free) app that will let users of two Fires sync/edit tasks?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Perhaps running through a shared Google account would do the trick?

I know that Outliner on iOS is a really good app for shared tasks, with each person able to create their own list but also able to share common lists. I haven't seen it for Android though. At least not in the Amazon store.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
i think i found something. amazon has an app for the fire called cozi that seems like it will do what i need. still playing and open to better alternatives.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
Since you mentioned wanting this for member's of your household, I suspect Cozi is your best option since you can have lists for each person. My boys are getting Coby Android tablets for Christmas, and I'm going to try using Cozi calendar and to-do lists for their chore monitoring. Being techno kids, I think they'll respond to the idea well. Now...if only I could get hubby to do things that way!
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by janicew View Post
Since you mentioned wanting this for member's of your household, I suspect Cozi is your best option since you can have lists for each person. My boys are getting Coby Android tablets for Christmas, and I'm going to try using Cozi calendar and to-do lists for their chore monitoring. Being techno kids, I think they'll respond to the idea well. Now...if only I could get hubby to do things that way!
I might give this a try. I already own it but never installed it yet.

On my phone We use Out Of Milk Pro to do similar it's not as good but updates in real time when it comes to shopping and adding to the task list. Hubby loves adding tasks for me to do while at work.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Cozi is often recommended as one of the top organization apps for families. I think I might give it a try too. I like that it can sync cross-devices, i.e. between a Fire and an iPhone.

Here's a review from cnet.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7...ily-organizer/
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I might give this a try. I already own it but never installed it yet.

On my phone We use Out Of Milk Pro to do similar it's not as good but updates in real time when it comes to shopping and adding to the task list. Hubby loves adding tasks for me to do while at work.
I use Grocery IQ on my iPhone. A great app, but don't know if it's available for Android.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I use Grocery IQ on my iPhone. A great app, but don't know if it's available for Android.

Carol
Try out of Milk if you ever get an Android phone. It's awesome!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
One of the things I like is that I can work from a web interface to add things as well, not just the phone/tablet app. I suspect Out of Milk and maybe Grocery IQ have an online presence as well, but Cozi is very robust. If anyone happens to follow FlyLady (I only sorta do), they have a "version" of Cozi that pre-populates some of her zones and recurring items.
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote