Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
wjt
wjt began at the beginning.

Device: none
internet access

Has anyone any experience with accessing the internet (Google, Wikipedia, etc.) with kobo. I need to know if access is simple; responsive, etc. Before I buy one. Thank you.
wjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Internet works surprisingly well given the inherent limitations of e-ink screen and limited processor capacity. Having said that, you don't want an e-ink reader if you are looking do any serious amount of internet browsing. Screen refresh alone slows the process down significantly. I use it to check weather or simple things like that, but for serious browsing it's not up to it IMHO (not that I've had any interest in using it for that though). Also, you only have 1 window to play with (can't open more than one at a time) and no flash etc.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert