Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #61
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Not gonna happen.

They missed their chance for good news coverage of the announcement. It's much too late now.

No Kindle launch today.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #62
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I thought about not replying, or just replying "no comment" ... but I just can't do that to y'all.
Oooo, that would have been evil!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #63
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Oooo, that would have been evil!
My thought exactly -- obnoxious I have no problem with being, but I try to draw the line at evil.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #64
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
Bah, no kindle....I did think it was odd that they would launch an american device at a european bookfair.
I mean we've had no indication that it would be launched in Europe simutaneously at all.
The only real hints we've had are american
FCC pics = American
Amazon.com kindle books leak = American
Only the french eNewspaper article stating the 15th was in anyway related to Europe.
I'm all for saying that there's no smoke without fire, but we haven't even got anymore smoke at the moment.
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #65
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
nevermind.

Last edited by ischeriad; 10-15-2007 at 08:44 PM.
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2007, 03:52 AM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by THJahar View Post
The only real hints we've had are american
FCC pics = American
No, I believe the references to Amazon "Whispernet" (the download mechanism?) were found on amazon.co.uk, the UK version of Amazon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #67
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yup, we found both whispernet and kindle edition referenced on the .co.uk variant of Amazon
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote