Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
makeitsimple
makeitsimple began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
setting author surname alphabetically

when i downloaded ebooks (for kindle 3) to calibre they showed all ebooks in library alphabetically by author surname , but since then they are all jumbled ?
i gather i can go into references and tweaks what would i need to do to get them in alphabetical author surname order and series.
and also how do i get calibre to delete duplicates, or should i do it manually.
thank you very much

Last edited by makeitsimple; 03-07-2011 at 02:35 AM.
makeitsimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:52 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitsimple View Post
when i downloaded ebooks (for kindle 3) to calibre they showed all ebooks in library alphabetically by author surname , but since then they are all jumbled ?
i gather i can go into references and tweaks what would i need to do to get them in alphabetical author surname order and series.
That depends on what is in your authors and author_sort fields. Can you give a few examples?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert